British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

42 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

O.K. not 7 riders & 1 team manager, so is it 6 riders & 1 team manager? that's still  wholesale  changes!

Part & Parcel of running a speedway team, to be honest dismantling last years team was always going to happen as most were performing to a very mediocre standard and capitulated in the big heats when it mattered most Lawson & Summers being the main culprits,

Lawson was good at home whilst Aaron wasn't even that towards the tail end, no big deal new team new season nothing to see here. 

50 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Part & Parcel of running a speedway team, to be honest dismantling last years team was always going to happen as most were performing to a very mediocre standard and capitulated in the big heats when it mattered most Lawson & Summers being the main culprits,

Lawson was good at home whilst Aaron wasn't even that towards the tail end, no big deal new team new season nothing to see here. 

Indeed, thought it was telling no one picked up Perry until an NL rider was unable to take their place.

1] Stewart left  2] Dan and Jack both struggle with track   3] Aaron not offered contract  4] Tom only doing NL  5] Richard moving South wanted track near Somerset as his home PL track 6]Nick could not agree terms. Some  my own thoughts others stories I heard,   Dan  going to Workington  definitely not after success

Edited by MANSE

On 30 March 2018 at 9:17 PM, jenga said:

i was refering to pressure being put on dan and other riders from the faccues or dickson . sorry if it came across as dan wanting success with workington .

I'm sure he does though, I doubt if any rider wants to fail! Hope the crowds and everything improve for Worky this year :)

2 hours ago, jenga said:

its begining to look like Stewart D was pushed  @ Glasgow !

Who knows its done now.

Anyway shouldnt you be interviewing teamakers and burger van franchises rather than worrying about Stewart.

Your infactuation on anything Glasgow is slightly concerning and you should seek treatment immediately.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

as is YOUR infastuation with me on anything i post about Glasgow .   boys will be boys , eh . 

Which is rather a lot as you have plenty to say about us usually p*ss.

You should tone it down slightly reduce your Glasgow post count and go for quality rather than quantity.

Edited by Gazc

A little help required if you don't mind

To cut a long story short, my 10 year old lad, when given the choice of a few days away with his old man, and told he could pick anywhere in reason  to go, has chosen Scotland

End of May/Start of June, so a quick look at the fixtures show me Glasgow are riding at home against Scunthorpe, I will be flying up to Edinburgh on the Thursday so will be completely reliant on public transport. Is it a fairly easy thing to get from the speedway back to Edinburgh after the meeting, baring in mind I have a youngish kid with me?

Or would it be better to get accommodation in Glasgow for the Friday night?

Thanks in advance

Being from the East I would suggest staying in Glasgow on the Friday after speedway,as you would take while to get back to Edinburgh on public transport.Bus and train required just to get back to Edinburgh not taking into account where  you are staying in Edinburgh.Good 2 hrs travelling at least IMO .

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Being from the East I would suggest staying in Glasgow on the Friday after speedway,as you would take while to get back to Edinburgh on public transport.Bus and train required just to get back to Edinburgh not taking into account where  you are staying in Edinburgh.Good 2 hrs travelling at least IMO .

Thanks for that, I've not booked a hotel yet but was looking in Edinburgh old town centre so wouldn't be too far from Waverley, would a taxi be ridiculously expensive?

How easy is it to get from Ashfield to Queen Street station?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

Thanks for that, I've not booked a hotel yet but was looking in Edinburgh old town centre so wouldn't be too far from Waverley, would a taxi be ridiculously expensive?

It will take you 10 mins to get from the stadium to Queen Street Station, I will let someone advise on the Waverley one as I am not too sure.  

Edited by Gazc

13 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

Hotel prices in Edinburgh are high,would think Glasgow would be cheaper.Will leave Ashfield to Queen Street to someone who knows better than me its not far though Mayebe £8- £10 taxi fare.

• Thanks 1