British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

20 hours ago, Owenbros said:

I hear that Workington will not be the only team with track curator with farming experience I hear that there will be an x farmer at Glasgow this year as Stuart has stood down

No more knee deep tracks would be a good thing.

Both Scottish promotions have come up with an interesting way to try and get big crowd for both legs of Scottish Cup. Glasgow fans can buy tickets for the Edinburgh leg from the Glasgow promotion and Glasgow get the money and vice versa. See this benefitting Glasgow as more Tigers fans likely to go to armadale than monarchs fans to Ashfield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Both Scottish promotions have come up with an interesting way to try and get big crowd for both legs of Scottish Cup. Glasgow fans can buy tickets for the Edinburgh leg from the Glasgow promotion and Glasgow get the money and vice versa. See this benefitting Glasgow as more Tigers fans likely to go to armadale than monarchs fans to Ashfield 

It's worth a try ,as supporters know their money is supporting their club,win ,win really.

The riding order was revealed during Tigers Live, last night on Facebook, for Friday night -

1. Worrall

2. Kerr

3. Starke

4. Vissing

5. Harris

6. JPB

7. Sargeant

Means that JPB will ride with Harris for a couple of races. And good middle order pairing of Paul and Claus. Can't wait for the new season ahead on the new track! :) 

3 hours ago, cheggie said:

The riding order was revealed during Tigers Live, last night on Facebook, for Friday night -

1. Worrall

2. Kerr

3. Starke

4. Vissing

5. Harris

6. JPB

7. Sargeant

Means that JPB will ride with Harris for a couple of races. And good middle order pairing of Paul and Claus. Can't wait for the new season ahead on the new track! :) 

Have to say I enjoyed Tigers Live last night; its amazing what a group of fans can do when supported by there promotion. Do other tracks do this, presumably Poole but any others.

7 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Doesn't give us long to find a 2 pointer. I expect we may use Ryan McDonald for the first meeting, although it will be tough against the strong Monarch reserves

Won't really change much Sarj was always going to get the majority of rides from reserve.

Lets see how it pans out may well be that it is only a temporary problem.

• Like 1

Not many clubs will be willing to trust him fully if he does decide to return at any point, he has a lot of potential just think it is going to be wasted through bad decisions ! You don't say all the right things through winter then quit on eve of new season.

I know he is due to become a young dad which obviously increases pressure on him so maybe signing for Glasgow not greatest idea in first place with extra travelling and cost of that.