British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Vissing to selfish a rider to back up Worral, he would probably take out his team mate just to win, just as a did on Kus at Berwick

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Tbf he's not fussy who he takes out, never has been:rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Oh dear a simple suggestion on the team front and it descends into the slating off a rider.

But back on topic i would have Kerr at 2 and vissing at 3 at home with Vissing at 4 away.

With very little between the middle order i guess it won't make a great deal of difference.

It's not really slating Claus , it's just pointing out the type of rider he is . Not all can be the consummate team man on track . I remember going to Stoke during Claus' first season in this country and David McAllan got Claused a couple of times . James Grieves had a spat with him at Ashfield one day and called him just a typical Dane when interviewed post meeting . Well I suppose they all learn at the feet of the master in Denmark . 

But on a 6.8 average there's no doubt he can be trump card if he gets his act together . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paulco said:

It's not really slating Claus , it's just pointing out the type of rider he is . Not all can be the consummate team man on track . I remember going to Stoke during Claus' first season in this country and David McAllan got Claused a couple of times . James Grieves had a spat with him at Ashfield one day and called him just a typical Dane when interviewed post meeting . Well I suppose they all learn at the feet of the master in Denmark . 

But on a 6.8 average there's no doubt he can be trump card if he gets his act together . 

Definitely a typical Dane, you only have to look at Nicki, Hans and especially Usterguaard!!(sp??) Trouble with Vissing, he also goes "Missing" too:wink:

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

Definitely a typical Dane, you only have to look at Nicki, Hans and especially Usterguaard!!(sp??) Trouble with Vissing, he also goes "Missing" too:wink:

Add Kildemand to that list too , they certainly produce a certain type of rider in Denmark . Yes Claus has that going missing trait , but he has proved in the past , particularly at Edinburgh , that in the right environment he can consistently produce the goods . Whether that will be the case at Glasgow remains to be seen , but I sincerely hope so . 

• Like 1

sad to read on the Glasgow site that jJmmy Beaton has passed on . any loss in the speedway world is a great loss to all .  but i think jimmy will be a greater loss to those who had known him . 91 yrs old , it must be the irn bru !        R.I.P. .  J .B.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jenga said:

sad to read on the Glasgow site that jJmmy Beaton has passed on . any loss in the speedway world is a great loss to all .  but i think jimmy will be a greater loss to those who had known him . 91 yrs old , it must be the irn bru !        R.I.P. .  J .B.  

Condolences to the family,Jimmy was a great character and probably the reason that the Tigers are still in existence ,he saw them through some tough times and probably pumped a lot of money into the club to keep them afloat .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MD said:

Looking at the pictures of how much the track is being taken in on Twitter, are Ashfield Juniors moving out?

it looks like an awful lot of drainage work . i cant see them opening up the straigh etc that much . no one in their right minds would ride that line . so it maybe a bit wider , but not that much .

we wait to see !

21 hours ago, jenga said:

it looks like an awful lot of drainage work . i cant see them opening up the straigh etc that much . no one in their right minds would ride that line . so it maybe a bit wider , but not that much .

we wait to see !

As the corners are being taken in to widen the entrances, the straights as a result are widened.

On 10/01/2018 at 5:51 PM, jenga said:

RIP condolences to his family &  gary

2 hours ago, Owenbros said:

Can't understand how Michael Max is not the assistant team manager if one is really needed. He has done it before and he is a promoter at Glagow

Dont think he is a promoter. Mouthpiece perhaps but almost certainly not promoter.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, Owenbros said:

Can't understand how Michael Max is not the assistant team manager if one is really needed. He has done it before and he is a promoter at Glagow

He has done it before and his knowledge of the rule book is second to none . But I guess doing the centre green at home meetings and work commitments making away meetings more difficult means him standing in when Stewart is unavailable pretty much impossible 

43 minutes ago, baba said:

I would image that only about half of the area with grey dolomite on will be the track. The trench inside the dolomite is for the drainage and one would image there will be a bit of track on the trackside of the trench. Still pretty wide though.