British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Given the closeness of the track to the outside fence and fan areas, are they taking the inside kerb in and taking the corners in off the football pitch. The main problem area to me is the third bend entrance, followed by the exit out of the second bend. 

Both are better than they used to be anyway . At one time you feared riders would disappear through the pits gate on bend 2 , and the third bend bump wasn't too much in evidence last season , nor was the bend as square . 

But you cant stand still and the track has plenty of improvement needed . The football club no longer calls the tune at Ashfield , so I imagine their pitch will be quite a bit narrower after the track work is complete . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Given the closeness of the track to the outside fence and fan areas, are they taking the inside kerb in and taking the corners in off the football pitch. The main problem area to me is the third bend entrance, followed by the exit out of the second bend. 

Photos on Tigers FB page mate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, george.m said:

Photos on Tigers FB page mate.

Thanks George. I've just finished looking at them. Obviously the inside line is not being taken in that much, as the trenches are for the new drains but still be a few feet off.

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Thanks George. I've just finished looking at them. Obviously the inside line is not being taken in that much, as the trenches are for the new drains but still be a few feet off.

Taken in as much as possible, pitch has to be within regulation size.

12 hours ago, george.m said:

Taken in as much as possible, pitch has to be within regulation size.

Yes, and the corners have to be permanent for the corner kicks. You can see the trench is inside the real inside line, by seeing how much of the actual corners have been lifted. All will have to go back on to preserve the corner.

Edited by Tsunami

15 minutes ago, jenga said:

what do they turn out like when done in a slow cooker , is it worth a try ?

Dunno, someone (a family member) borrowed my slow cooker and, am still waiting for it to come back, al probly be waiting a while,,, so haven't tried that yet.

Edited by ruffdiamond

there will always be a fastest way around any track . 

the inside or the outside .

not many tracks have those many lines , its like formula 1 , as long as you stick to that certain line , you have won .

good luck in finding that magical route around your track , 

best track that i have seen with many lines was the old Hyde road . superb racing there . .

you can tell the N.S.S. was built with the old Hyde road in mind  . 

you have 2 good guys trying to find that special something in your track , lets hope they can find it .

• Like 1

Since our team is complete, we are into the new year and the new track is taking shape - what are the thoughts on the riding order for the mighty Tigers?!

My original thoughts were something along the lines of:-

1. Worrall

2. Starke

3. Vissing

4. Kerr

5. Harris

6. Sargeant

7. JPB

But with such a strong middle order, do you swap round Starke and Kerr? Or does Claus start at 2? Tough, yet probably welcomed decisions ahead for both home and away! :) 

2 hours ago, cheggie said:

Since our team is complete, we are into the new year and the new track is taking shape - what are the thoughts on the riding order for the mighty Tigers?!

My original thoughts were something along the lines of:-

1. Worrall

2. Starke

3. Vissing

4. Kerr

5. Harris

6. Sargeant

7. JPB

But with such a strong middle order, do you swap round Starke and Kerr? Or does Claus start at 2? Tough, yet probably welcomed decisions ahead for both home and away! :) 

Vissing to selfish a rider to back up Worral, he would probably take out his team mate just to win, just as a did on Kus at Berwick

9 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Vissing to selfish a rider to back up Worral, he would probably take out his team mate just to win, just as a did on Kus at Berwick

Tbf he's not fussy who he takes out, never has been:rolleyes:

Oh dear a simple suggestion on the team front and it descends into the slating off a rider.

But back on topic i would have Kerr at 2 and vissing at 3 at home with Vissing at 4 away.

With very little between the middle order i guess it won't make a great deal of difference.

Just now, Gazc said:

Oh dear a simple suggestion on the team front and it descends into the slating off a rider.

But back on topic i would have Kerr at 2 and vissing at 3 at home with Vissing at 4 away.

With very little between the middle order i guess it won't make a great deal of difference.

I guess we can only wait and see who hits the 'track' running for the third heat leader role @ no.3. And yeah, I did think of Kerr at no. 2.

But alot of scope for the middle order to increase their averages significantly.