British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

Be happy to... not sure why you think i should fund your entertainment.. you incentivise young people to go not old farts who will cop it soon[/quote

With fans like u is it any wonder glasgow are so unpopular see u when comets come calling and i aint an old fart yet!

Unpopular in what way have you carried a poll out or maybe you have asked a certain amount of people.

Or perhaps were just unpopular with you and your mate Jenga.

Either way we won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by Gazc

Nope never have been will be and not sure why it matters

It doesn't matter geoff100 thinks your a Glasgow fan doesn't like what you posted and because of this even taking into consideration he got it wrong we are all unpopular allegedly.

You are totally missing the point. Students wont necessarily go to speedway and as such need a little encouragement to attend (i.e. lower prices). OAPs are likely to be, but not exclusively, long term fans who have gone to speedway for years. It makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever to give people who will attend regardless of price (within reason) a discount. Surely you can see that??

I was at the football with an ex work colleague and we got onto discussing the speedway. He was asking about the Glasgow and Berwick teams among other things and we got onto admission prices.

He was looking forward to getting a discount now he is a pensioner (has moved nearer his family).

He couldn't believe that for him and his grandson to go to Glasgow would probably cost him £32 plus car park (program and seat in stand).

For them to go to Berwick would cost him £13.50.

He is thinking about going to Berwick some meetings when my shifts allow. He is possibly looking at Edinburgh as they will be his closest track (to support the opposition).

For the loss of fans like this ex work colleague - there will be 100s of students rolling in?. As we know the brothers marketing is very good and the big screen ads in Glasgow city centre really added to the average numbers - or did they?

Aye !, look around any speedway stadium, the vast majority are in their dotage, youngsters come along until about 15/16 then they find out the right arm is used for :drink: and want to be with their mates on the weekend enjoying themselves.

• Like 4

If we don't get more fans through the gate,it won't be for lack of trying and making people aware. There will always be more work to do and awareness is the key to success .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jenga said:

whats wrong with the old track shape n stuff .  workington liked it on the last meeting there . . OH , i see now .

Normal service will be resumed for you next season.

There is always one shock result in our season.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Normal service will be resumed for you next season.

There is always one shock result in our season.

theres always one shock result in our season as well , just happened to be your lot .

as you say , normal service will be resumed next season, you hope .

merry xmas to ya .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

For years the shock was Glasgow winning at home

Now they have a team to be proud of, though they were probably proud of every team they had even in the dark old years.

Very true Worky turned us over on a regular basis at Ashfield in the good old Stoney years.

He was an absolute joy to watch in his prime around Glasgow , to be fair he was top drawer at most tracks was Stoney.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jenga said:

merry Christmas tigers fans . and a few other clubs i keep an eye on .

could be your year ! but there is always a spanner in the works ME .lol.

and to you too gazc .syay safe , its the silly season .

Yes Jenga merry xmas it's alway's a pleasure to read your ramblings on here.:o

Sometimes.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 12:23 PM, balderdash&piffle said:

Aye !, look around any speedway stadium, the vast majority are in their dotage, youngsters come along until about 15/16 then they find out the right arm is used for :drink: and want to be with their mates on the weekend enjoying themselves.

Part of the problem is of the sports (Promoters) own making - "Kids" get in Free up to age 16, then when they leave school, or carry on their education, they get asked to pay £15 or so each week to carry on following speedway

Edited by tweedcider
further explanation