British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

There's no room for sentiment in business, either pay up or don't go,,,

we'll get the bread n butter off others ;)

Going by that premise, can we now expect to see the rest of British speedway follow suit?..........and then all other UK entertainment businesses doing likewise? Oh, and the bus pass must now be on a shoogly peg.

Can't wait............

Edited by ragdoll64

Why on earth should i pay extra than an OAP who sponges of the state? (Pension payments are far higher than what they put in)

As for respect.. you earn respect you dont get it because your older and its a ridiculous argument that you should

What planet are you living on, If I had to rely on the state pension I would be in big trouble, you get back what you paid in which I could not live on. My private pension the same , I paid into it and received from it plus interest. The state gives me nothing I paid through my life for everything I receive. This must not be confused with Social Security payments, which are paid for through the public purse,

Pensions are not paid by the State, we pay the State a pension contribution, they look after it until we retire, then they give it back to us, it is also taxed if you are still working at the higher rate as it is classed as unearned income. I pay 40% tax on my wifes state pension, because she is a partner in the business

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 1

Why on earth should i pay extra than an OAP who sponges of the state? (Pension payments are far higher than what they put in)

As for respect.. you earn respect you dont get it because your older and its a ridiculous argument that you should

U going to stand at the entrance and say that to all u question the decision my heart bleeds for all u mean spirited lot who doesnt think its wrong.
  • Like 1

Those that are current OAPs may be fortunate enough to have something us current workers and students will never have and that's a final salary scheme pension. Many pensioners will be getting "paid" more than those that are getting up at six in the morning to work and not just to pee.

In many cases it is the pension contributions of those workers that are paying for retirees pensions however this is the fault of neither group. Also pensioners currently can draw their state pension at 65, ive seen some reports that for my age group it could be 71.

Times have definitely changed, attitudes take longer to catch up.

In many cases it is the pension contributions of those workers that are paying for retirees pensions however this is the fault of neither group. Also pensioners currently can draw their state pension at 65, ive seen some reports that for my age group it could be 71.

Times have definitely changed, attitudes take longer to catch up.

If you were born before 1952, you can claim your pension at the age of 65, if you were born in 1953 you work until you are 66. a sliding scale after that, so if you were born in 1960 I think it is now 67 or 68.

You are slightly out on the rest those that currently retire at 65, they have paid in and receive back what they have paid if they live to an average of around 80+. The problem is now arising in the next generation will not have paid in enough to sustain them in future retirement, to that end NI contributions need to be doubled, to achieve a reasonable pension

If you were born before 1952, you can claim your pension at the age of 65, if you were born in 1953 you work until you are 66. a sliding scale after that, so if you were born in 1960 I think it is now 67 or 68.

You are slightly out on the rest those that currently retire at 65, they have paid in and receive back what they have paid if they live to an average of around 80+. The problem is now arising in the next generation will not have paid in enough to sustain them in future retirement, to that end NI contributions need to be doubled, to achieve a reasonable pension

You think there is a pot somewhere that holds your NI contributions and is then paid out to you in retirement? Really??

You think there is a pot somewhere that holds your NI contributions and is then paid out to you in retirement? Really??

Not with this Government pal, but they have been honouring the repayments until now, I would not trust this lot not to wriggle out of the obligation, but for now they are. I suppose it's a bit like the road fund licence, it supposed to be spent on roads, who really knows how they spent our money.

Anyway all of this is distracting us from the annual speedway cock up, that allowed Championship clubs to sign two No1 riders, depriving other teams from getting one. Should be the same rule as the Premiership one rider over 8 points

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 1

Thats the issue, you pay in varying amounts as long as they reach a minimum amount each year and only get a flat rate the same as everyone else back out. IMO the state pension should be a government administered scheme that reflects what you have paid in i.e. if you dont contribute you cant take out.

• Like 2

U going to stand at the entrance and say that to all u question the decision my heart bleeds for all u mean spirited lot who doesnt think its wrong.

Be happy to... not sure why you think i should fund your entertainment.. you incentivise young people to go not old farts who will cop it soon

Why its true?? You incetivise the young to get them coming back year after year not people who might not be here in a couple of years... its a great decision by the club

You know what I mean.

Perhaps a tad extreme with your language.

As you'll see from this thread I fundamentally agree with you but that post's a yellow card.