British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

wish lewis a good recovery . he has had a few bad offs in recent years and maybe now is the time to call it a day .

although its hard to give up something that you love,  lewis should be there for his young family in future years and enjoy time with his family and friends . but what ever he chooses to do , i wish him well .

take care lewis . and whatever path you chose , may it be the correct one . 

• Like 1

Feel terrible for Lewis, sounds like a nasty one.

Hope he has a speedy recovery although I think that might be him for the rest of the season. I think he has proven himself enough to warrant a shout to be in Tigers colours again next year.

Lakeside tomorrow will be tough with now with no Lewi. R/R or another Guest?

If R/R used who can take his rides? Sarj and Starke? With Sarj appearing to be coming into a bit of scoring form (away at Comets and Lions results) hope he can keep it up.

Edited by KilliePieman
Add info/spelling

2 hours ago, KilliePieman said:

Feel terrible for Lewis, sounds like a nasty one.

Hope he has a speedy recovery although I think that might be him for the rest of the season. I think he has proven himself enough to warrant a shout to be in Tigers colours again next year.

Lakeside tomorrow will be tough with now with no Lewi. R/R or another Guest?

If R/R used who can take his rides? Sarj and Starke? With Sarj appearing to be coming into a bit of scoring form (away at Comets and Lions results) hope he can keep it up.

If I am remembering correctly, and based on current averages, it will be Claus, Paul and James

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheggie said:

If I am remembering correctly, and based on current averages, it will be Claus, Paul and James

So its Vissing and Starke who'll adequately cover two rides, the same cant be said for the other two.

We need a bit of nuance here to crunch the numbers and pull a rabbit out of the hat. Anyone got Dicksons number?

6 minutes ago, MD said:

So its Vissing and Starke who'll adequately cover two rides, the same cant be said for the other two.

We need a bit of nuance here to crunch the numbers and pull a rabbit out of the hat. Anyone got Dicksons number?

Might not be too bad away from home Claus, Paul and a  taccy sub should cover 3 of the rides :rolleyes: Stuart too busy doing other tracks, see from reports in the Star a big hole has developed at Poole but the track will get better - nothing like a positive spin on things

Almost 11.30 on the day of a Glasgow v Lakeside clash and no thread on this forum for the meeting. Sadly speaks volumes. 

In previous years there would have been several pages by now. In my opinion, this year in particular has put a few more nails in the coffin of speedway, mainly due to reduced and inconsistent fixtures. Bad enough for us long term fans but how must it be for newbies?

Missing riders is another main factor causing lack of interest. Riders doubling up and being committed to riding abroad and in other competitions is doing speedway no good whatsoever. I do understand the shortage of riders but that is due to the sport becoming "professional" and far too expensive for Joe Bloggs to take part in. 

I have always kind of poo pooed the people constantly saying our sport is in decline but I can see and feel a big slide this year. It must be totally disheartening for promotions such as Glasgow who have put so much into improving facilities and attracting new supporters. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Almost 11.30 on the day of a Glasgow v Lakeside clash and no thread on this forum for the meeting. Sadly speaks volumes. 

In previous years there would have been several pages by now. In my opinion, this year in particular has put a few more nails in the coffin of speedway, mainly due to reduced and inconsistent fixtures. Bad enough for us long term fans but how must it be for newbies?

Missing riders is another main factor causing lack of interest. Riders doubling up and being committed to riding abroad and in other competitions is doing speedway no good whatsoever. I do understand the shortage of riders but that is due to the sport becoming "professional" and far too expensive for Joe Bloggs to take part in. 

I have always kind of poo pooed the people constantly saying our sport is in decline but I can see and feel a big slide this year. It must be totally disheartening for promotions such as Glasgow who have put so much into improving facilities and attracting new supporters. 

It’s also disappointing that a thread was created for the postponed fixture and that now has 2 pages of comments with some people moaning/complaining but nobody set up the thread for tonight’s meeting. 

I suspect those same people would have complained about Saturday nights fixture going ahead and the lack of support at the meeting  caused by the football and the resulting financial implications. 

I find it frustrating that so many people choose to be negative about the sport instead of embracing the positives. 

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

Thats a fair comment, though I would add the Edinburgh home defeat was an absolute sickener and crowds have been noticeably lower from then. Its also the school summer holidays so people may be away.

Looking forward to tonight anyway, reckon RL will be superb on his return.

• Like 1