British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

22 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Went on Glasgows livestream yesterday for the Youth Championship, It was absolutely dire, couldn't follow the proceedings at all

Apologies, I just did it as a wee extra so that friends and family could follow. Had hoped to have a commentator but that fell through. Thought that Michael Max giving the line ups and results would be enough for people to follow on a free stream but appreciate that the filming location was too far away. You live and learn. 

Edited by Fingersfin

23 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Went on Glasgows livestream yesterday for the Youth Championship, It was absolutely dire, couldn't follow the proceedings at all

So it appears it was a fan trying to provide a service but gets roundly criticised for it , wonder why some people bother.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

Apologies, I just did it as a wee extra so that friends and family could follow. Had hoped to have a commentator but that fell through. Thought that Michael Max giving the line ups and results would be enough for people to follow on a free stream but appreciate that the filming location was too far away. You live and learn. 

If it was that dire he could simply have switched off, I found it fine to watch but I am sure your efforts are appreciated from most.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If it was that dire he could simply have switched off, I found it fine to watch but I am sure your efforts are appreciated from most.

Thanks Gazc, in fairness it was pretty low rent however it was just a one off using equipment I own, which isn't much! Goes without saying if it was ever to be a regular thing then the club would invest in the hardware to improve the production quality. 

1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

Thanks Gazc, in fairness it was pretty low rent however it was just a one off using equipment I own, which isn't much! Goes without saying if it was ever to be a regular thing then the club would invest in the hardware to improve the production quality. 

I didn't realise it was an individual attempt, so I appreciate the effort.  Gary Flint passed on the link, I was looking forward to seeing Leon race, sadly all I got was the music, the 2 minutes and the roar of engines, everything was too farv away to work out who was racing.

If you can sort out the problems willing to look again in the future.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I didn't realise it was an individual attempt, so I appreciate the effort.  Gary Flint passed on the link, I was looking forward to seeing Leon race, sadly all I got was the music, the 2 minutes and the roar of engines, everything was too farv away to work out who was racing.

Noted. 

3 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

That's jolly nice of you. Im sure that makes Fingersfin feel a whole lot better :unsure:

• Like 1

Just reading Palovaara has signed for the 0131 in place of Garcia. Makes them a whole different prospect.

Anyone in at Ashfield Towers. Thats every man and his dog strengthened up bar Scunthorpe, Ipswich and us, and Ippo are actively seeking 2 riders.

47 minutes ago, MD said:

Just reading Palovaara has signed for the 0131 in place of Garcia. Makes them a whole different prospect.

Anyone in at Ashfield Towers. Thats every man and his dog strengthened up bar Scunthorpe, Ipswich and us, and Ippo are actively seeking 2 riders.

Is he still an asset of Glasgow ?.

10 hours ago, Fingersfin said:

Don’t worry about balderdash&pifle, he’s the resident Berwick pain in the #*&%,  slags off anyone and everything concerning the promotion and organisation of all things Speedway ( Especially Berwick). Does a lot of brown nosing with riders and can’t see past them,  

While it was not perfect, your live stream was very much appreciated, Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MD said:

workington have not strengthened up . we are happy with the team .

28 minutes ago, snapper said:

Please there is still 2 million in the bank at Glasgow please don't mix us up with the other Scottish team 

Not now Ian  we paid our riders this week and had to pay for our tyre also  heard some team had to borrow tyres from another club because there supplier has put a stop on their credit 

to the person in the stand at yesterdays fours meeting and was hurling abuse at richie worrall,for goodness sake, get off his case.he knows that this season hasn't ,to his standards, been one of his best but he was trying his heart out yesterday and berating him like you did, which he obviously heard due to his response,does absolutely nothing for a riders confidence so just cut him some slack and if you are a true supporter then do what the name suggests.SUPPORT your team.

• Like 5