British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

21 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

WE would have to make two changes to improve the reserve birth - with 6 meeting's left who's out there for those two changes? No-one, that's the problem. You have to build to 42.5 unless it's injury or like for like I believe (no doubt I'll be correct if my understanding of the rules is incorrect).

You are correct.....some just like to continue harping on about needing a change without offering up any potential solutions....certainly none I have seen that would be of any benefit.

Edited by Reliant Robin

13 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

So another team make a positive change to help them reach the play offs & Rosco sits on his hands with 1 point from 9 away meetings & a tough run in home & away.

Christmas is coming, see if you can get the Mrs to buy you a half full glass this year. :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

At the moment its r/r and Mark Riss booked for Jakobsen!!

Well now Klindt is in the main body then RR will score more than he would. Riss wont score as much as the other Dane but against our reserves away Woryna on his own will be enough. But of course we will get the against all odds victory report from Shov at the end of it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

You are correct.....some just like to continue harping on about needing a change without offering up any potential solutions....certainly none I have seen that would be of any benefit.

Some of the names the Reading fan came up with were absolute dog plop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

WE would have to make two changes to improve the reserve birth - with 6 meeting's left who's out there for those two changes? No-one, that's the problem. You have to build to 42.5 unless it's injury or like for like I believe (no doubt I'll be correct if my understanding of the rules is incorrect).

There was supposed to be no riders last season as well but look what difference Tobias made.

If it means having to make 2 changes to get a better reserve in then that should be looked at.

Only Adam & Troy should have no worries about getting replaced as they’ve more than done their jobs.

Nick,  David & to a lesser degree Tobias have been inconsistent all season & couldn’t argue if they were let go with Jack.

Better to try to change than accept what’s happened in the last 9 away meetings.

Only an opinion just like the rest of you but come on there is some good points made.

Edited by Crazy robin

48 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

There must be riders whose teams are not in the Swedish or Polish play off reckoning.

10 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

There must be riders whose teams are not in the Swedish or Polish play off reckoning.

But these riders don't want to race here. Too costly to send another set up over here, especially for 6 meeting's. Musielak had half a season or so. Rosco has said that if someone comes up with a name & is available to let him know.

Edited by hyabb17

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

But these riders don't want to race here. Too costly to send another set up over here, especially for 6 meeting's. Musielak had half a season or so. Rosco has said that if someone comes up with a name & is available to let him know.

Fair comments & guess money comes into it as well.

That said missing out on the play offs will also cost money if that happens which does look likely unless form changes.

Just sick of having at best a 6 man team all season.

27 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

That said missing out on the play offs will also cost money if that happens which does look likely unless form changes.

I think the fact we tried to sign Auty or Robson for 28 days to replace Bellego says it all about the riders that are out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I think the fact we tried to sign Auty or Robson for 28 days to replace Bellego says it all about the riders that are out there.

And Poole got ridiculed last season with Eddie Kennett and others. As Matt and now Rosco has found out, there are no riders available.

Good news, if it’s true, that Stefan Nielsen returns for Scunthorpe next week.

Rosco did ask for suggestions about replacing Jack Smith so here’s one:

replace Smith and Wajtknecht (CL combined average of 8.48)

with Stefan Nielsen and James Sarjeant (CL combined average of 11.31).

Not saying we should do it, but it is an option.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Zach out? No way. Considering hes had to carry the burden of being the main reserve in his 2nd top league season and on the back of a bad injury hes done f'in well I reckon.

Edited by thecoombdog

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

And there's me thinking you didn't want to change your loyal team!! 

• Like 1