British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

1 hour ago, noggin said:

Perhaps it's time for the council to suggest alternative sites, let the Abbey go, never going to work now with all the houses, start again, GI never had any intention of building a new stadium.

If we leave the Abbey i think that could be it for Swindon  speedway i can't see us getting an alternative site and even if we do that will take time.I know it is long shot but if the worst scenario happens could Cowley Oxford be a option.?

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If we leave the Abbey i think that could be it for Swindon  speedway i can't see us getting an alternative site and even if we do that will take time.I know it is long shot but if the worst scenario happens could Cowley Oxford be a option.?

They could do a Robert Maxwell and combine the 3 teams - Oxford, Swindon and Reading and they could be called the Robbing,cheating, racers- see what i did there !!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They could do a Robert Maxwell and combine the 3 teams - Oxford, Swindon and Reading and they could be called the Robbing,cheating, racers- see what i did there !!!

....... or "Poole" for short?   :)

41 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

if oxford stadium reopened for dogs and speedway the speedway team would be  oxford not swindon,the dogs however are different swindons dog operation could easily be moved to oxford

48 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

What's the latest news on Oxford? Used to enjoy my nights at Cowley,.

42 minutes ago, poole keith said:

if oxford stadium reopened for dogs and speedway the speedway team would be  oxford not swindon

Not necessarily........Arena Essex was re-branded as Lakeside and any incoming promoter could name their team whatever they wanted.

They could be Oxford Cheetahs, Thames Valley United or even Silver Machine if they so wished!!!

44 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Talking to a high up member of Stadia UK or whatever they are called and they say it is a matter of when not if 're the stadium.

Mind you that could be just quoting the party line!

Heard that one on countless occasions at Reading.   

They are more than economical with the truth to put it mildly! 

• Like 1

Swindon new averages from 1st August as it stands, not including Monday’s meeting.

Troy Batchelor 8.41

Nick Morris 8.04

Tobiasz Musielak 6.96

Adam Ellis 6.49

David Bellego 6.10

Zach Wajtknecht 4.04

Jack Smith 2.00

TOTAL - 42.04 (Only 0.46 left)

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

6 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Krystian Pieszczek on 6.36 average is tempting surely, I know Rosco is a fan and was surprised he was axed by Leicester. 

Not tempting at all. Which of our top 4 are you looking for him to replace?

45 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bellego when the new averages come out in August.

We all know I’m not Bellego’s biggest fan, he did well on Monday night, even though he got lucky in heat 1. 

Presumably there’s room for only one bell ego in your house? Go back to Reading. :)

• Like 1

If we are serious about retaining the title then action has to be taken now.  Morris should be dropped and Pieszczek brought in.  He's quite capable of having the "Musielak 2017" effect.  This will then free up 4.14 for a replacement for Smith and create room for someone like Berge instead.  It is vital to replace Smith, he is completely out of his depth and having a six man team for the rest of the season is like throwing in the towel.

Morris' form for Swindon has been very patchy of late and clearly gives the impression he is not interested in riding British speedway any more.  Not just with his comments on tv but in his demeanour in the post match press conferences and as he said in Monday nights match programme "The path is Poland, Sweden, and the Grand Prix series.  But one step at a time, crack Poland first though".  Our true number one this season is Bachelor anyway and he can step up to this race jacket no problem.

From Monday night's programme Morris says:

"We've been doing alright in England for a while but no done a lot in Poland and Europe but this year I've been racing every week in Poland and been going good so that's the path.  Hopefully we can move up to the First Division with the same team Rzeszow for next season"