British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

This team was built on the basis that the top 5 need to perform home/away most weeks, that’s not happening.

I can’t see anybody performing better than Bellego on his current average. 

Id consider replacing Musielak with Scott Nicholls possibly.

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

Rosco after tonight’s meeting. Changes imminent??

“I’m in two minds for Thursday at the moment. I’ll make a decision in the morning with regards to what I’ll do. I’ve had a chat with Troy (Batchelor) and Nick (Morris) about a couple of situations. I’ll make a decision on those tomorrow.”

33 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Rosco after tonight’s meeting. Changes imminent??

“I’m in two minds for Thursday at the moment. I’ll make a decision in the morning with regards to what I’ll do. I’ve had a chat with Troy (Batchelor) and Nick (Morris) about a couple of situations. I’ll make a decision on those tomorrow.”

That doesn't sound anything other than a knee-jerk reaction to me, because if Rossiter had anyone any good in the pipeline why would he discuss it with two of his riders? Surely the change would simply be made (for the sake of the team) and no discussions would be required?

So looks like changes are on the horizon. Judging by the fact the manager is discussing team plans with Morris & Batchelor, my guess Musielak, Bellego & Smith could be goners.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16358050.team-changes-nigh-at-swindon-robins-following-heavy-defeat-against-wolverhampton/

http://www.swindonrobins.co/_mobile/news.php?extend.3139.1

1 minute ago, MattK said:

Connor Mountain has been dropped by Ipswich.

Seen that, think his average would convert down to 2.17 (if it’s 60% of his chanpionship average). Would give 5 to replace Bellego as I don’t think we can use RR with so many matches coming up. 

There’s no way we should drop anyone, other than perhaps Jack Smith as he is not an asset and has not performed well enough.

The only thing we need to do is replace Bellego if he will be out for injury for longer than we can manage.

We should stick by all the other riders and show some loyalty, regardless of how that affects our chances of winning the title this year. I do not want to adopt Poole’s approach of buying the title with mercenary journeymen who have no connection with Swindon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

There’s no way we should drop anyone, other than perhaps Jack Smith as he is not an asset and has not performed well enough.

The only thing we need to do is replace Bellego if he will be out for injury for longer than we can manage.

We should stick by all the other riders and show some loyalty, regardless of how that affects our chances of winning the title this year. I do not want to adopt Poole’s approach of buying the title with mercenary journeymen who have no connection with Swindon.

I think those are the only changes we will make, we've lots of matches coming up so IF Bellego is out injured I don't think we can carry RR. A 28 day replacement would be a better options IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Cough Musielak cough. :P

Don’t forget you can’t combine two riders averages. You can only redeclare or change individual riders with another with a lower average.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cough Musielak cough. :P

Don’t forget you can’t combine two riders averages. You can only redeclare or change individual riders with another with a lower average.

Hmmmm ......... sounds like you’re angling to get Musielak in at number 1 for Poole? Might that be this week’s change?  :)