British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Could Swindon make two changes now because of David's injury??? annoying really because David was in good form at Belle Vue.

Depends on how long he is out - scaphoid can heal quite quickly but can also be troublesome.  As someone else has said R/R wouldn’t work the way the team has been built.  If out for more than a couple of weeks, I would look at getting a stronger reserve (to replace Smith) and sign the best of who’s available with the remaining average.

Will obviously see how Monday goes and go from there.

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Depends on how long he is out - scaphoid can heal quite quickly but can also be troublesome.  As someone else has said R/R wouldn’t work the way the team has been built.  If out for more than a couple of weeks, I would look at getting a stronger reserve (to replace Smith) and sign the best of who’s available with the remaining average.

Will obviously see how Monday goes and go from there.

Michelson could he be an option Steve ? maybe his old average at Eastbourne is to high for me Auty and another change for Jack might be the way.

12 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

It's not 3 months for a scaphoid as a rule.

If it's not confirmed as yet or there is no explicit info, best not to speculate. 

Depending on severity, and if it's displaced or not, recovery can be a lot less than that.

Just spoke to my daughter in law who is a NHS physiotherapist, and she confirmed normal recovery time is around twelve weeks...

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Just spoke to my daughter in law who is a NHS physiotherapist, and she confirmed normal recovery time is around twelve weeks...

Well its certainly not that here in my part of the nhs..upto 12 if displaced yes, but until that is confirmed it's not worth guessing 

9 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Well its certainly not that here in my part of the nhs..upto 12 if displaced yes, but until that is confirmed it's not worth guessing 

Wow. Aren’t you quite outspoken for an NHS doctor? Your mate Pinny breaks the bones and you fix them!  :)

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Wow. Aren’t you quite outspoken for an NHS doctor? Your mate Pinny breaks the bones and you fix them!  :)

im not a doctor.  sorry would just rather people had facts rather than guessing.  hey ho, only trying to be helpful so the injured rider isn't written off by you all for longer than may be necessary. 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

im not a doctor.  sorry would just rather people had facts rather than guessing.  hey ho, only trying to be helpful so the injured rider isn't written off by you all for longer than may be necessary. 

What do you do in the NHS?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

What do you do in the NHS?

London Ambulance side .  My nickname was given to me15 years ago.  

I'm only trying see that people aren't jumping to conclusions over an injury that probably not a lot of info is known about yet.

But if you want to assume the worst case recovery time, thats fair enough.  I look it at the other way tho myself.  

Anyway, not a Swindon fan, just tried to help, but like you seem to do on the other threads, you're picking into something just for a scrap now.  

I have work tonight so would prefer to just crack on getting ready now thanks.

1 minute ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

The team cannot carry on as a 6 man team with Jack Smith in the side. Replace Bellego with a rider on a lower average so we can replace Smith with better reserve. 

Who would you choose (and please give their averages)?