British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

36 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Is that right? Perhaps there has been an amendment to the regulations that I haven't seen but Sundstrom and the two Poles completed their 4H and 4A on the 23 May and their new average should therefore come into affect 7 days later, on the 30th.

16.2.1.6 A SGB Premiership or Championship assessed League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares. 

Just quoting from the latest published list - Issue 4; 25/05/18

• Like 1

The previous one on the 24th shows the two poles new averages are effective from 30th along with Ashley Morris. This was the previous one with just the changes for riders who had reached 4home and 4 away. This was also the reason Davey appeared to have returned at 7. The one dated the 25th is the one which becomes effective 1st June and has the full changes both to lines up and the new averages for everyone for June.

• Like 1

Those that completed 4h 4a on the 23rd will have their new averages for the 30th

ALL will then be revised to include all meetings up to and including the 23rd for brand new rolling green sheets effective from 1st June

So for any meetings on the 30th line up positions could/should change and then after some will alter again even if no further meetings have been ridden!

• Like 1

Could be one of the closest leagues for years, any of the 8 can win it, after seeing the Stars-Rebs result. Would put Robins as favs.

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Could be one of the closest leagues for years, any of the 8 can win it, after seeing the Stars-Rebs result. Would put Robins as favs.

I think Swindon are head and shoulders above the other 7 teams. Morris, Batchelor, Bellego, Musielak & Ellis are strongest top 5 by quite a distance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

I think Cook, Fricke, Worrall, Tungate & Bewley would give them a run for their money but yes currently Cook, Fricke, Tungate, Bewley & 4 point something  doesn’t match up. 

That is why the postponement of what could have been a good meeting tonight is a hell of a shame, we will have to wait for the rerun before seeing Zach beating Cook, and seeing the battles between Zach and Dan, two good British youngsters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

I think Swindon are head and shoulders above the other 7 teams. Morris, Batchelor, Bellego, Musielak & Ellis are strongest top 5 by quite a distance.

The Robs are the only team that have picked up 2 away wins, barring injury cant see them losing at home, but ya never knows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 3:38 AM, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bring in Starke & Shanes and all of a sudden the team looks more balanced.

1. Nick Morris 8.51

2. Paul Starke 5.08

3. Tobiasz Musielak 7.42

4. Adam Ellis 6.42

5. Troy Batchelor 8.04

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.73

7. James Shanes 3.31

....but Shanes rides for Sheffield on a Thursday!!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

....but Shanes rides for Sheffield on a Thursday!!

Remind me who Shanes would replace and where thats rider is in the Championship.....

On 5/31/2018 at 12:42 AM, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bellego?  I thought you wanted to get shot?

On 6/15/2018 at 3:38 AM, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bring in Starke & Shanes and all of a sudden the team looks more balanced.

1. Nick Morris 8.51

2. Paul Starke 5.08

3. Tobiasz Musielak 7.42

4. Adam Ellis 6.42

5. Troy Batchelor 8.04

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.73

7. James Shanes 3.31

Now that Starke doesn't have a Prem team, he would come in on his converted Champ ave (4.62) I believe? So Shanes would then be 3.32!

Edited by szkocjasid

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Now that Starke doesn't have a Prem team, he would come in on his converted Champ ave (4.62) I believe? So Shanes would then be 3.32!

If that's true means Swindon could drop Nick Morris & sign him a week later on a converted champ ave of 6.80!