British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Described by the doctor on scene as a 'massive head injury'. Riders crying and the management in complete shock.

Let's hope it isn't as bad as feared for Davey. .

Thoughts are with Mitch and his family tho. It's not a night I can say I feel happy about being part of and one of the dreadful things staff have to witness up close. 

Never like to see any rider injured. A young one trying to make his way in the sport too. Thoughts are with Mitch and his family.. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Never like to see any rider injured. A young one trying to make his way in the sport too. Thoughts are with Mitch and his family.. The bit in bold probably not needed at this stage though.

Probably not, but hopefully will show to give some respect. I make no apologies to what I had to witness tonight so it's a bit raw still.

36 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

At one point they got all the track staff to stand side by side to make a shield around Mitchell so the fans couldn't see him stricken on the track then the ryan on the Mic asked for he's mom to come to the pits as you could imagine guys it was a pretty unpleasant scene....

Absolutely dreadful, watching young riders and grown men cry. His poor mom looked in complete shock.

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Must have been horrific to witness Steve, fingers crossed he pulls through this okay.

Think all the staff went home in complete shock to be honest. But like you say, let's hope it's better news in the coming days.

• Like 2