British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

It would be interesting to see a few Bristol meetings at Blunsdon, although I would have thought Somerset was a more natural venue for them.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

It would be interesting to see a few Bristol meetings at Blunsdon, although I would have thought Somerset was a more natural venue for them.

Definitely hope Bristol can run from Swindon this season and create more opportunities for developing riders plus add a little value for money (in some peoples eyes). 

I don't think Somerset are as keen on running development league sides as they once were and have seen the Exeter SDL side relocate to Plymouth for the 2018 season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Crap Aussie title line up these days FACT

very true, but he did beat B Kurtze, M Fricke and S Masters over 4 rounds. Credit where credits due.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

well coming from someone with two teams that's laughable !!! FACT 

What? You do talk some rubbish don’t you? You seem to have developed an obsession with Swindon at the moment ... why is it laughable? Look down the list of riders in the Aussie title it’s diabolical compared to what it used to be and winning it nowadays means very little , Tungate a serial 6 pointer think your getting carried away as usual if anyone’s laughable it’s you ya clown 

Edited by hagonshocker

59 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

What? You do talk some rubbish don’t you? You seem to have developed an obsession with Swindon at the moment ... why is it laughable? Look down the list of riders in the Aussie title it’s diabolical compared to what it used to be and winning it nowadays means very little , Tungate a serial 6 pointer think your getting carried away as usual if anyone’s laughable it’s you ya clown 

Tut Tut,insult the post, not the poster.

4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Stadium news tomorrow. What's the betting its a big story saying its on the way with an picture of Tomlinson and Osborne in hard hats and high viz jackets. Problem is we all know its BS and the lego new Abbey will never be built.

Agree about the bull sh#t and not bothered anymore. 

8 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Apart from his time at Belle Vue where he averaged over 7. 

Oops!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Stadium news tomorrow. What's the betting its a big story saying its on the way with an picture of Tomlinson and Osborne in hard hats and high viz jackets. Problem is we all know its BS and the lego new Abbey will never be built.

You forget to mention that they will be standing in the puddle by the shack to show the huge obstacle that's so far prevented it being built. 

So the plan now, it seems, is for the new stadium to be built on the same site as the current one.

If new one is worked on and changed, then fine.

If the current one is to be demolished first, then not fine.

• Like 3

they will build as they go & probably restrict people going down the back straight IMO. Once that’s done, close the main straight down etc, the last bit will be altering the track at the end of the season is my guess. I think that the recently announced BAGS deal for which Swindon is one of the tracks has saved us, also the council appear to have backed us by not allowing the Abbey to be flattened in advance of any building Work. 

• Like 1

I'd have thought it was obviously a ploy to demolish the current stadium then find some good reason why a new stadium can't be built on top of the smoking ruins and how they will sadly be forced into completing the housing estate instead of a new stadium.

I hate to be cynical but this plan has stunk to high heaven ever since the initial proposal was to put the new stadium car park on the centre 'green'!

• Like 2