British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

1 hour ago, marko said:

honestly really surprised Swindon have not learnt from the last time he was with them, Rosco must suffer from short term memory loss.

Watch out Marko you will be labelled a troll. Stating the obvious not allowed! You will upset Sidney and a couple of others! Lol!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Watch out Sidney the Robin and Hyabb17 will be calling you a troll. 

Watch out Marko you will be labelled a troll. Stating the obvious not allowed! You will upset Sidney and a couple of others! Lol!

You dont bother me one bit to be honest, just a shame you dont  do Poole speedway any favours in the long run often giving people a stick to hit you with.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You dont bother me one bit to be honest, just a shame you dont  do Poole speedway any favours in the long run often giving people a stick to hit you with.

Lol!

you know what I posted about Batchelor is true. Even Orion said exactly the same, though in not so kind words. Come playoffs on a wet night and he won’t want to know,\. I know it, he knows it and so do you.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol!

you know what I posted about Batchelor is true. Even Orion said exactly the same, though in not so kind words. Come playoffs on a wet night and he won’t want to know,\. I know it, he knows it and so do you.

Really !!!!!  would i trust Orion's  view or Rosco a no CONTEST to be honest Batchelor with a watered down league makes us field a healthy top five with a talented young rider in the reserve berth so i am happy with that. Rider's  that really improve your team are pretty hard to come by at the moment your club should know that as you now will do very well to field a better and proven top five than the Robins.Also another point that was mentioned  is if Batchelor fails badly and let's Rossiter down he will be replaced.

• Like 1

You can't replace someone if  he does in the semi final like he did last time as the seasons over ..not sure how many more  time this bloke has to let people down before the penny drops ..only Lewis Bridger will let you down more .

10 hours ago, orion said:

You can't replace someone if  he does in the semi final like he did last time as the seasons over ..not sure how many more  time this bloke has to let people down before the penny drops ..only Lewis Bridger will let you down more .

In terms of what Troy might end up doing, I actually agree with you. He may well let the team down at some point. It wouldn't be the first time. But I enjoy watching him.

My own, personal, perspective on the team this year was not to retain the league title, but having a team that would retain my interest enough to stop me from giving up on going completely. Having Batchelor in the side keeps me interested, as would Hans Andersen have done. If it had been Kasprzak I may well have not bothered with it this year. It was a borderline thing after the winter shenanigans and losing my first ever opportunity to welcome the World Champion to Swindon.

Edited by Grachan

22 hours ago, orion said:

How can there be good team spirit with Batch in the side ? no good scoring 30 points in 3 matches if your to bail out the moment   he's feels a rain drop on his face in October . Nearly every Swindon fan  never wanted to see him again after last time but somehow not long later it's all forgotten and he is a great signing .. a fruit fly has a  better memory 

Frigbo might like your post but when was the last time he went to a meeting. I guess Leigh Adams was still riding. He certainly didn't bailout for Kings Lynn last season as he was top of their averages. As to the debacle on riding conditions when their was trouble with riders not agreeing with the conditions. It was not just Holder & Batch that were raising a fuss but The promoter chose to ignore the other protesters & make an example of the Aussies. I welcome him back to the Abbey as he completes a strong 1 - 5. We potentially have 2 1st heat leaders & three 2nd string riders. If Zach can step up to the plate following his injury, there is a strong chance of defending the title.

• Like 1

Speedway needs characters and Batchelor is certainly different,but at Swindon there are still supporters who like him i certainly do.Also he is familiar with our club which is an advantage also now with our top five in place  he is not expected to be a in/out no 1 or 2 now as long as he contributes and the team do well he will be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Good top 5 although going to miss the class of Doyley but going to get mullered at reserve.

I don’t think that will be the case as a lot of teams will have a number 7 that Zach is able to beat so a 2-4 in the reserves race. Switch Zach to meet said number 7 in his other rides and you limit the damage. 

No doubt if a TAC was required then it would be in place of one the the weaker reserves rides. 

That top five should cover the few points lost at reserve.