British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

36 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Temporary?

Just a guess, but whoever it is they are unlikely to be scoring much. I suspect a few options will be tried at no 7 throughout the year.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2017 at 11:40 AM, Gavan said:

If thats the top 5 for Swindon and Zach in reserve then they will be favourites for the league along with Belle Vue

Swindons top 5 is very strong especially at home and with Zach in reserve even more so.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:54 AM, thecoombdog said:

No chance. I know you hate Poole so love a sly dig at them but our reserves will get murdered by them and if their top 5 includes Holder and another that is rumoured then its better than ours. That's not to say a mid season change won't change that but right now there is no way we are favourites over Poole.

Im struggling to see how ive had a sly dig at Poole? I feel Swindon and the rumoured Belle Vue team will be strong. Poole look to be building a decent side, but there is a doubt over Holder now and nobody can say with any certainty how the 2 new Poles will go. As i said last season Poole were hot favourites but it all went very wrong.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Amazing the difference a year makes,   Last year Swindon couldn't wait to get rid of Batchelor, and were glad he was gone. Although we welcomed him with open arms,  nobody away from Lynn  had a decent word for him.   Yet a year later  everything is forgotten and he's welcome back to Swindon .

Fickle Lot !!!!   :o

The difference is the performances that Batch put in this season while guesting for us. He was fabulous. Other than that, we’re in no doubt he will have tantrums!

I have no problems about Batch.   Quality rider, who has been a fool to himself.     Saw him guest for Swindon against Leicester last year and he was brilliant.   A few days later, at the same track, riding for Lynn he was pathetic..          He obviously had an alternative motive,   but it also shows what sort of person he is...... and that's not something to be proud of.

I cant imagine there will be many at Lynn wishing he was back there.....         You know what they say about burning bridges.....

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Clegg,Ayres, Sarjeant ,could they be in the frame for the no 7 berth? i dont know what the rule is could Tom Brennan be available to ride or not on a 2.00 average.? probably not there has to be a rule.!!!

IF it was Clegg, he would be the fourth rider doubling up between Swindon and Lakeside next season....

8 minutes ago, jeffster said:

IF it was Clegg, he would be the fourth rider doubling up between Swindon and Lakeside next season....

That would leave three riders Lakeside have that we can use for guests :D

I just hope the meeting schedulers know what they are doing

Edited by A ORLOV

8 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

That would leave three riders Lakeside have that we can use for guests :D

I just hope the meeting schedulers know what they are doing

Jon Cook normally has a hand in fixture compilation.....Swindon might get a well balanced fixture list for a change ;)