British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

Only gotta be that way until Nick and Bellego naturally drop their averages a bit

Dont like that to be honest the dog , hopefully the 1/7 should be strong anough but with all these rules in place it is a joke manupulation of the rules comes to mind. Edited by Sidney the robin

Dont like that to be honest the dog , hopefully the 1/7 should be strong anough but with all these rules in place it is a joke manupulation of the rules comes to mind.

Not suggesting for one second we will do anything dodgy mate. Just feel as though they are both going to struggle to maintain those averages. If Nick averages over 8-8.5 next year as a number 1 then hes done well IMO.

Telling people clear off Swindon threads? Where have I heard that before? Lol!

Starman most likely

All glories are in the past, I thought that would be obvious!!

Au contraire Skidder...

Swindon are Champions for another year, whilst the Pirates were and remain also-rans..

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And some Swindon fans had the audacity to slag off the two Poole signings last night.  :lol:

Seriously, where's the value in that signing? 

He held his average this season & we do so in 2018. Swindon's team may lack a reserve of note but if Batch is bought back we will have one of the strongest top 5's, if not the strongest. As it stands I'm more than happy with the 5 announced. Do you believe Poole will still smash 50 past Swindon at the Abbey?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And some Swindon fans had the audacity to slag off the two Poole signings last night.  :lol:

Well he was an integral part of the team that won the league last year and beat your team five times, I’d say that’s worth something? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am the complete  opposite to you i like the continuity of this team why change for change sake.Bellego will find it hard to maintain that figure but we look quite solid and Bellego on it is very good at the Abbey i think at Home we could be hard to beat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Maybe because Bellego proved himself last season in our league.................Pooles Poles need to prove they will 

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is none. Strange signing. The team certainly has a cheap feel to it.

The only positive is that it's all relative. No one else has announced a staggeringly strong line-up (yet), so fingers crossed the reason we look weak is that we're the first to declare signings.

16 minutes ago, MattK said:

There is none. Strange signing. The team certainly has a cheap feel to it.

The only positive is that it's all relative. No one else has announced a staggeringly strong line-up (yet), so fingers crossed the reason we look weak is that we're the first to declare signings.

We have 5 from this years 7 which won the league. I don't see what the real issue is. Yes I would have liked Doyle but you have to live within your means. Approx 10.2 left for 2 spaces, will we go Batch & Davey as it's been suggested or will have look to have a stronger reserve.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

There may not appear to be a big numerical value on Bellego's average, but the real value is, I suspect, in team spirit, which paid a large part in last year's success.

Keeping as much of the side together as possible is a good thing, in my opinion, especially after being unable to retain Doyle. It gives the team a kind of "ok, you did it with Jason - now let's see what you can do without him" feel.

All sides will be similar to us in strength. The problem with low points limits is if one team (possibly Poole this year) can get a big improver in it is very hard for others to do anything about it.

• Like 3