British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2018

Garbage decision.

Doyle frustrated me many times last season with his inability to team ride but if I wanted a rider to win heat 15 to secure the points, hes the man.

Nick is a good rider and his team riding for a young lad is brilliant but hes not the World Champ.

I am guessing we have someone, of GP standard lined up, either Holder or PK to fill those boots.

• Like 1

Garbage decision.

Doyle frustrated me many times last season with his inability to team ride but if I wanted a rider to win heat 15 to secure the points, hes the man.

Nick is a good rider and his team riding for a young lad is brilliant but hes not the World Champ.

I am guessing we have someone, of GP standard lined up, either Holder or PK to fill those boots.

Nobody could fill Doyle's boots especially not PK.

Garbage decision.

Dont think it can be PK because of the Polish rules as he has 3 leagues already.

Didnt envy Rosco with this decision but felt Doyley was the way to go.

Doyley to Somerset now I guess.

it was quite clear that Doyle was not going ride for swindon weeks ago after the hint rosco dropped in the paper .like the rest of the fans i like Nick Morris but he's not a number one at this stage .Going to need a real strong second heat leader now .

• Like 3

Nigel Pearson has said that Doyle wants to ride UK so I expect a few clubs will be ringing Doyle this morning! Odd decision for me only .8 difference in averages plus Doyle could have an extra ride with the tac sub rule when they need it. Wonder what Rosco has up his sleeve!

• Like 2

That is a tough decision but a decision had to be made due to the shortsightedness of some of the bspa members. Would rather have had Jason with Nick getting experience at another track, also if Jason was injured Nick would have been an ideal guest for him.

I hope Jason does ride for another UK club so that we still see him at Blunsdon occasionally.

• Like 1

To be honest I'd have gone for Doyle ahead of Morris considering there's only .8 difference between the two. Financial decision maybe? Rosco mentioned finances wasnt great in the star last week.

Yet outlay cash on 4 riders!

Dont think it can be PK because of the Polish rules as he has 3 leagues already.

Didnt envy Rosco with this decision but felt Doyley was the way to go.

Doyley to Somerset now I guess.

KL I reckon
  • Like 1

An easy decision the make - and they made the wrong one. Can't believe they did this.

The fact that they got rid of Jason makes me wonder if they would have got rid of him anyway, regardless of the 8 point rule. Because if that was the only reason, they would have kept Jason surely.

Plus, Nick would have benefitted more from riding elsewhere for a year. At least he will have a club next year now anyway!

Definitely a case of heart ruling head here.

Just.. weird.

• Like 5

Well that 2 year contract was worthless then. In fact they always are. As soon as any rider signs a two year contract it's like an indication they'll be off next winter.

If anyone else had done this Id be suggesting it was madness but Rosco has made a lot of brave calls in his time and they have generally worked, maybe he has a plan?

Well that 2 year contract was worthless then. In fact they always are. As soon as any rider signs a two year contract it's like an indication they'll be off next winter.

If anyone else had done this Id be suggesting it was madness but Rosco has made a lot of brave calls in his time and they have generally worked, maybe he has a plan?

It may have been Jasons decision rather than Roscos, who knows

• Like 2

I thought the 2 year contract was for 2016 and 2017, and Swindon got stick for sticking with it last year.

I'm sure Swindon will be able to put together a decent side, but they have robbed fans of the opportunity to have a World Champion riding at the club, which is something a lot of people have waited a long time for.

Maybe the decision was financial?

If Nick had been dropped I would have been disappointed for him. Now I'm disappointed for myself!

It may have been Jasons decision rather than Roscos, who knows

Jason said on Twitter: "Not my choice".

• Like 1

I thought the 2 year contract was for 2016 and 2017, and Swindon got stick for sticking with it last year.

I'm sure Swindon will be able to put together a decent side, but they have robbed fans of the opportunity to have a World Champion riding at the club, which is something a lot of people have waited a long time for.

Maybe the decision was financial?

If Nick had been dropped I would have been disappointed for him. Now I'm disappointed for myself!

Nope, announced hed be at the club in 2017 and 2018

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14718727.Swindon_skipper_Doyle_signs_new_two_year_deal/?ref=arc

When was the last time a World Champion was sacked?