British Speedway Forum

Newcastle V Glasgow Ko Cup 2nd Leg Monday 9th October 2017 At 7.30pm

Is the date marked as reserved in the Championship fixture list?

If so it wont be classed as rearranged and has to take priority.

Lambert certainly has been carrying injuries but has been taking the pee out of Britain with how he chosen to 'manage' the problem IMO

When he rode for Panthers and was missing meetings through supposed illness and injury his answer was ( i'll do what's right for Robert Lambert) Just about says it all

Newcastle website also says he had a smash which is incorrect. Lambert missing cost us tonight as we would of won if he had been there. On International Forum someone thinks he went to Germany to see his girlfriend!

I think the crowds will be low for the last few pointless league matches :sad:

Edited by Gaz

When he rode for Panthers and was missing meetings through supposed illness and injury his answer was ( i'll do what's right for Robert Lambert) Just about says it all

So far as talented as he undoubtably is he hasnt shown enough to justisfy such ego IMO
  • Like 1

well that just about sums up our season ..... our number 1 couldnt be arsed so thats that

i feel sorry for george and alan ......... badly let down

im a lambert fan ............ but this is totally unacceptable

newcastle should sack him now

congrats to glasgow ..... deserved winners

for us ..... just a typical replay of our season ......... just not good enough

all 7 riders can look at themselves

morris sadly typical 2 lasts when we needed a 7 point haul from him

robbo and luddo couldnt gate for toffee

reserves ... less said

wells .... worst meeting at brough in years

and what on earth was the thinking in heat 15 .......... geez we get a 5 1 in heat 13 off gates 1 and 3 ........... so of course we pick 2 and 4 .... defies belief

perhaps we didn't fancy the fixture congestion and conceded the tie to Glasgow :party:

• Like 2

It was actually a decent meeting but the Lambert stuff leaves a bitter taste.

I wonder if we've seen the last of him.

probably - cant imagine him getting a good reception from the crowd ............ the tv footage is damning

folk are quick to crusify one, and leave others untouched,,,, but the Lambert situation might not happen if the sport wasn't run in such a haphazardly manner.

well done Glasgow, you wanted it more.

Not sure of the significance of this, but Lambert's picture had been removed from the pit wall last night. However, if the reports of his 'injury' are true, then his behaviour is totally unacceptable and we may well have seen the last of Mr. Lambert.

Not sure of the significance of this, but Lambert's picture had been removed from the pit wall last night. However, if the reports of his 'injury' are true, then his behaviour is totally unacceptable and we may well have seen the last of Mr. Lambert.

maybe its being used as a dart board ???

Quite possibly, Ruff. I'm sure that if they had put it up on the terraces last night and charged people to throw the darts, the promotion would have made some much needed cash! The feeling around us last night was his behaviour was a total pi$$ take.

Quite possibly, Ruff. I'm sure that if they had put it up on the terraces last night and charged people to throw the darts, the promotion would have made some much needed cash! The feeling around us last night was his behaviour was a total pi$$ take.

the feeling in our gang, was quite a lot of it was a p!ss take,,, Ricky Wells playing for both teams in the same match etc...

looking at the bigger picture, why/how is it failing ?

Well done Glasgow.I thought Newcastle did not want another meeting and the track was very dry and not the usual and was it because they did not want another rain off.I think a few riders need to take a hard look at themselves as when they where needed they went missing...

• Like 1

What does the article say please?

"Lambert claims that this season has been blocked by the second English league so he could not race in all the Motor Games.........I would like to be able to leave (participate in I think) more matches with this team (Motor Lublin) but I could not because of the English League"

Copied from online SportweFakty - Italics are my words.

Lost a lot of respect for this young man who appears to be very ungrateful to his English team, the promoters who supported him and the fans! Certainly would not be welcomed back to Brough Park by either myself or the fans who I stand with on the terraces

Is it simply a case of he was not riding so why put his picture up?

I hope he does have an injury as if not that is a real piss take (this coming from one of his biggest fans). I think as people have said, with him we would of won as Wells seemed to be just going through the motions and only really came to life in that heat 13.

I wonder if the club got the response from fans that they wanted, however, I do not think it will make any difference, as attendances for the last 3 meaningless fixtures will probably be dire. Nothing to race for so people may choose to save the money and stay in, I hope not.

Well done Glasgow by the way, you appeared to want it more and as Lawson tailed off last night (lost his gating gloves) Worrall came to life.

I wonder if the club got the response from fans that they wanted, however, I do not think it will make any difference, as attendances for the last 3 meaningless fixtures will probably be dire. Nothing to race for so people may choose to save the money and stay in, I hope not.

it didn't look like many attended and, I agree about the last 3 fixtures being poorly attended,,,

they say its financial suicide to run a double header, but in this case, if possible and could get Redcar and Worky together,,, would it make sense to just take 1 hit, instead of probly 2 ?

it didn't look like many attended and, I agree about the last 3 fixtures being poorly attended,,,

they say its financial suicide to run a double header, but in this case, if possible and could get Redcar and Worky together,,, would it make sense to just take 1 hit, instead of probly 2 ?

see where your coming from but would fans be prepared to pay out £25-£30 in one hit for 2 meaningless matches