British Speedway Forum

When Should I Add Newcastle To The Defunct Speedway Website!

Can we get rid of the negative title of this thread and change it to 'Ideas to help Newcastle Speedway run in 2018' please

Already said that!!!

you could try starting a new topic, taking over from this one but,,,

the negativity will turn up sooner or later.

you could call it, ' has anyone got any 'good' ideas to help Newcastle Speedway 2018 ;)

Just to add to my post (#96), when we brought in our own (Darryl) burger van, the then landlords, William Hill, soon put a stop to it.

And countered it by charging £150 per meeting for the van parking. It was taking business off the main outlet in the bar upstairs, so they made our burger van not viable with the extra rent. The sad thing was that the van also did hot drinks and meant that disabled people did not have to go upstairs to the upper bar. The eventual compromise was the setting up of the vacant track shop on the terracing, having also lost the previous track shop next to the office which my wife Jen used to run.

• Like 2

I was looking for a more positive thread title but couldn't find one! :mad: So as the villain of this piece I am asking as follows: -

We must be getting close now to the promoter's meeting, referred to, I believe by George over the mic. I didn't hear him on the microphone too well, as where i stand close to the 4th bend is often a children's playground. They were making such a din I could only catch the odd word George was saying.

Is there a promoter's meeting and when is it? Just wondering how long it will be before we hear what the future has in store for us the Brough Park faithful :D

Edited by dantodan

"At the moment Steve Brock and I are working to make sure we do continue but those plans are being worked on and we have until the declaration time at the BSPA AGM in mid-November to declare our hand one way or another. "

This is the only information I can find... Mid November... We'll just have to be patient and hope, and if we haven't heard anything come December 1st... Assume the worst has happened

"At the moment Steve Brock and I are working to make sure we do continue but those plans are being worked on and we have until the declaration time at the BSPA AGM in mid-November to declare our hand one way or another. "

This is the only information I can find... Mid November... We'll just have to be patient and hope, and if we haven't heard anything come December 1st... Assume the worst has happened

Not sure, but I understood that the AGM starts at the end of next week. The AGM used to be around he 25th Nov years ago, but it was brought forward by a week some years ago, in order to get the fixtures out earlier to match up with the other countries fixtures. I don't think the decision to withdraw or continue will be released until it is advised on the first day of the AGM.

so thats a couple of weeks away yet, so in the meantime folk can get on with their preperations for the big fella coming down the chimney :),,, or come up with some 'good' ideas to save the Diamonds. Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

Except for a large dollop of cash, from a cash rich sponsor or a group of cash rich fans can save Newcastle.

Best thing would be for all interested in saving the Diamonds to buy an extra Lottery ticket and hope for the best. If I win more than £10 million I will step in and help.

Edited by waytogo28

• 2 weeks later...

you can't wait, am sure your dying to put it in.

You must see me as the grim reaper RD! I am sure that if it is possible, George and Steve will find a way to keep us going. If we close it will be the saddest thing I can imagine for me to put our beloved track into the "Defunct Speedway" website

Speedway GB website has a feed giving bullet points and saying they will say more on Monday

They say: -

Full update to follow on Monday.
Great progress with fixed race days
8 Premiership clubs
11 Championship clubs
Team building averages agreed
Fans feedback re tac sub and starting rules taken on board
PLUS other initiatives

i wonder who the 11 championship clubs are? Fingers crossed

Edited by dantodan