British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2018

I would 100% go for Lindgren, Howarth and Greaves again I would even go as far as saying I would have Schlein....I think Thorsell injury going to be longer than we think as he still awaiting an op as of 8th October!

If fixed night racing then I reckon you will see Woffy back in Wolves colours and to save the so called top flight of British Speedway then fixed nights have to happen but i know it not as easy as that

I think there will be big question marks over Lindgren and Thorssell with the nature of there injuries.

Schlein I think proved to be a great signing not just on track but also in the pits and I think he should be one of the first riders signed up for 2018.

What this year proved once again is every team needs a strong reserve and this should be one of the areas of team building should be focused on.

Greaves I don't think is ready to be the stronger reserve but would be fine in the Number 7 role again next season.

One rider I wouldn't go near is Clegg, can't see how a rider can have spent so many years riding the track yet still doesn't know the right lines.

• Like 1

I would 100% go for Lindgren, Howarth and Greaves again I would even go as far as saying I would have Schlein....I think Thorsell injury going to be longer than we think as he still awaiting an op as of 8th October!

If fixed night racing then I reckon you will see Woffy back in Wolves colours and to save the so called top flight of British Speedway then fixed nights have to happen but i know it not as easy as that

Lindgren and Woffinden in the same team I imagine would be quite expensive. If Fred is fit and well, I would have him everytime, fantastic, and loyal, a Wolves legend already.

• Like 2

I think a lot of us are forgetting minus his injury Sam Masters has had another fantastic year in Wolves colours and held his own for I would say 90% of the season at 5! He is a rider I truly have got so much time and respect for and also rides with pride in Wolves colours but has he gone as far as he can in Wolves colours? I don't think he will ever hit the number 1 berth and don't think he will ever reach the heights of Holder & Ward in the Premiership BUT is he worth another punt? When injury free and willing to ride wide without getting scared of someone coming near him (which is understandable considering the injury) he is a consistent scorer home and away!

Tough call on this one for PA & CVS

Lindgren and Woffinden in the same team I imagine would be quite expensive. If Fred is fit and well, I would have him everytime, fantastic, and loyal, a Wolves legend already.

Not a Wolves fan,but Freddie over Woffy for me.Even with the ave difference

Ricky Wells looked like he might have been riding for a spot last night!

he was unlucky to miss out on a place in the 2016 team as he really pushed on in '15. his away form was what let him down when he was in the third heat leader role.

as a second string if his average fits he'd be a good addition.

he was unlucky to miss out on a place in the 2016 team as he really pushed on in '15. his away form was what let him down when he was in the third heat leader role.

as a second string if his average fits he'd be a good addition.

I'd agree with that. Second string yes.

If ipswich move up, I'm sure greaves will be wanted by all our fans too. What a fantastic season he has had for us.

Sounds like he will ride for us if offered a team place, based on what he said in the rider interviews after the meeting.

Would be excellent value on his average as a no7.

if that is the average he'd be on in the league I'd only be looking at him if we failed to re-sign any 3 of Lindgren, Masters, Thorssell and Schlein then.

I like Masters but I'd keep JT & Lindgren assuming they want to come back. Then sign Greaves as your no7 and see if Woffinden or Pawlicki would be interested in returning on fixed race nights, especially if there are squads.

Inflated averages were only brought in for team building this season after the EL and PL rode to different race formats in 2016. If a rider did NOT double up in 2016 then his inflated average was used. If he did double up then his PL average was used for team building to a 50 point maximum in the Premiership

With the 2017 race format being the same in both leagues this season their is no need to use any figure other than what riders actually achieved this season.

• Like 1

Inflated averages were only brought in for team building this season after the EL and PL rode to different race formats in 2016. If a rider did NOT double up in 2016 then his inflated average was used. If he did double up then his PL average was used for team building to a 50 point maximum in the Premiership

With the 2017 race format being the same in both leagues this season their is no need to use any figure other than what riders actually achieved this season.

Except of course if they didn't get an average in 2017. In which case I'd say if they rode cl they should have a 1.2 divisor, if they riode 2016 EL then a 1.2 multiplier.

CVS has done a good job for Wolves over a long period. He has not only brought success to the club but ensured it's survival through difficult times for the sport. If he does retire I wish him well. I hope he overcomes his health problem and has a deserved long and happy retirement.

I would be hypocritical if I didn't say that I have been less impressed during his various periods in positions of authority within the BSPA. I am sorry to say that I regard him as one of those who must share responsibility for the present state of the sport.

Edited by Aces51

CVS has done a good job for Wolves over a long period. He has not only brought success to the club but ensured it's survival through difficult times for the sport. If he does retire I wish him well. I hope he overcomes his health problem and has a deserved long and happy retirement.

I would be hypocritical if I didn't say that I have been less impressed during his various periods in positions of authority within the BSPA. I am sorry to say that I regard him as one of those who must share responsibility for the present state of the sport.

Agreed along with Ford.

In today’s day and age any Promoter can run a track for 30 years deserves a medal, a Gold one at that, never any story’s of riders getting payed.

The time he spent as Chairman had a detrimental effect on Wolves as I would think that position takes up so much time

• Like 3