British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2018

Good solid top five, like the Heeps signing and although Thorsell is unproven he looks no worse on paper to me than Morris or Kurtz. Maybe that is the standard of number ones we are going to get this year.

Reserves however look weak. Wouldn't be surprised if CVS has an early change up his sleeve like last year, don't see that 1-7 being in place at the business end of the season.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

So Lindgren and Doyle both pushed out of their sides. Very sad to see, particularly after the positive noises of Vaculik coming into the league.

Soon we will have two separate leagues of equal strength using exactly the same riders.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In your opinion they don't and in my opinion they do

Irrelevant what your opinion is, they are factually nowhere near. 

It's a nonsensical statement.

However, to give you a chance, name TWO (as you said some) Championship teams that are stronger.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grachan said:

So Lindgren and Doyle both pushed out of their sides. Very sad to see, particularly after the positive noises of Vaculik coming into the league.

Soon we will have two separate leagues of equal strength using exactly the same riders.

Poor to see the riders forced out by the rules, rather than simply the club deciding. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Poor to see the riders forced out by the rules, rather than simply the club deciding. 

Lindgren hasn't been forced out by the rules.

If Wolves could afford him he would be in the team.

Unless CVS and PA have lost the plot enough to think a No 4 is better than one of the worlds top 5.

• Like 1

Not the first time I have looked at a Wolves team and thought it doesn't look strong enough. And then looked at how the other teams are coming together and realising that actually we will probably be better than most.

Will be pressure on Jacob now to come of age, particularly on away tracks, but also at home where finishing behind the opponents top men is more of a problem when you are number one.

But the rest of the top 5 looks pretty solid to me. I was impressed with Heeps last season and was hoping he would be the number 5 based on the options within the available averages. And Nathan was improving well towards the end of last season and him and Morris can be as good as most reserve pairings

Looks like a solid side to me.

No ringers but all riders are capable of doing the job asked of them.

The Top 2 sides of this year both made early changes, so wouldn't be at all surprised to see it happening again if things aren't clicking early on.

43 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Irrelevant what your opinion is, they are factually nowhere near. 

It's a nonsensical statement.

However, to give you a chance, name TWO (as you said some) Championship teams that are stronger.

You  will give me a chance lol...wow you think you are something special don't you...got news for you fella.

Edited by Baldyman