British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2018

M Riss 4.69

A Morris 4.06 (converted)

M Williamson 4.04 (converted)

J Pickering 3.85 (converted)

D Ayres 2.74

N Greaves 2.54

Mark showed he had a lot of style and promise particually away. Would be good to see him retained.

Greaves had a massive year and looked really good towards the end of the year. The only concern would be whether he has the funds to make the next step up. Would Danny Ayres be a better move?

Matt Williamson and Ashley Morris are both Wolves assests. Shame their averages put them just over being able to both fit at reserve.

Josh Pickering is a decent signing on that average. Coped well for Edinburgh last year. Maybe one to watch. One of Sam's friends.

Max clegg is a Wolves asset also,and his starting average is 2.00.cant discount him on that average.Ash and max ride superbly well together. Edited by bigred

Pie in the sky if you think they will all improve i would like them too but your so 1 eyed its unreal.

The 4th was regarding the previous posters point if Lindgren was retained.

Stevebrum i have noticed your very defensive about the wolves and jump straight on people who say anything negative about wolves.

If you do add Lindgren your tail will be very weak that is a fact.

That's your opinion, I just happen to believe you are wrong.

You need to read my posts a bit wider if you think I'm defensive about Wolves.

As a fan of the club I have a right to agree or disagree with an opinion.

I've also noticed from a previous thread you are very impatient when asking a question.

I guess we are all different. And that's the beauty of this forum. (Trolls exempt naturally)

• Like 1

That's your opinion, I just happen to believe you are wrong.

You need to read my posts a bit wider if you think I'm defensive about Wolves.

As a fan of the club I have a right to agree or disagree with an opinion.

I've also noticed from a previous thread you are very impatient when asking a question.

I guess we are all different. And that's the beauty of this forum. (Trolls exempt naturally)

not impatient at all my question was ignored and people just went off topic with personal bickering . I didn't want to get personal so i left it that is all .

M Riss 4.69

A Morris 4.06 (converted)

M Williamson 4.04 (converted)

J Pickering 3.85 (converted)

D Ayres 2.74

N Greaves 2.54

Mark showed he had a lot of style and promise particually away. Would be good to see him retained.

Greaves had a massive year and looked really good towards the end of the year. The only concern would be whether he has the funds to make the next step up. Would Danny Ayres be a better move?

Matt Williamson and Ashley Morris are both Wolves assests. Shame their averages put them just over being able to both fit at reserve.

Josh Pickering is a decent signing on that average. Coped well for Edinburgh last year. Maybe one to watch. One of Sam's friends.

I believe Nathan has got himself a winter job to help his finances

I would say if we go for Freddie it will be Max Clegg at 7, or with Jacob it will be Nathan, each one will give us a similar amount for the 2 remaining riders.

Sorry bud, but Howarth & Masters improvement will be marginal at best[/quote

We'll see.Howarth has come on.leaps and bounds in last 2 seasons. I /we (wolves fans who watch our team ride week in week out) believe they will improve their averages because we see what they can do week in week out.

So the facts are you don't believe we do.End of discussion

• Like 2

We'll see.Howarth has come on.leaps and bounds in last 2 seasons. I /we (wolves fans who watch our team ride week in week out) believe they will improve their averages because we see what they can do week in week out.

So the facts are you don't believe we do.End of discussion

Andthat'sthebottomline,causeoutofdarknesssaidso. Close this thread, no more discussion required here.

Masters, Schlein and Howarth signed leaving 20.22 for the remaining four places

With not many big names included in the league in 2018 you either look at it as having to get that one big name like Freddie but that restricts what you have left for the other three places. Signing Freddie leaves 10.93 but if there is so little in the way of big names, do you want to put so much into one rider and hope the tail end improves or hold their own.

If Freddie is out injured and other teams also racing that night, there will be little to get in as a guest so rider replacement will possibly be the better option and having a weak tail end would mean you team is effectively 33.21 v 42.50

Jacob Thorssell holds a slightly lower average of 8.64 but he rode most of the season at four which is more of a second string role while Sam Masters is back on 7.92 which was achieved riding at number five which includes heat 13 and also struggled when returning from injury and could be considered to be on a par with Jacob.

So would it hurt so much in starting with Sam as the number one and building a more solid team and a powerful reserve ?

Bringing back Ricky Wells 6.75 and getting Nathan Greaves 2.54 in as the number seven leaves 10.93 for the last two which could be a new 6.00 number two and Mark Riss 4.69 at reserve which could be a better option than having a top heavy team when you think what the other teams will be putting out and more cost effective if there is no TV deal and the added income clubs require.

Masters, Schlein, Wells, Howarth, 6.00, Riss, Greaves

OR

Lindgren/JT, Masters, Schlein, Howarth, Riss, Becker, Greaves

Edited by INCOGNITO
  • Like 1

Must admit the way things are looking at other tracks a more balanced team looks better especially if one is out injured as rider replacement would be the best option most times as four of the 8 teams are likely to be riding the same night.

Ricky Wells and Robert Lambert with the three already signed would be a great top five and leave 6.08 for the last two which could be Jack Parkinson Blackburn at seven and Broc Nicol or Luke Becker at six

Masters

Howarth

Wells

Schlein

Lambert

Becker

JPB

Looks weak at reserve still. Plus Lambert won't be on our radar. If we are struggling to pay for Freddie (considering we would probably have to buy Lambert = not gonna happen). Becker would be better off in the championship. JPB likewise.

If we can afford to pay for Freddie then this is what I'd go with having looked at whats available.

Fred 9.29

Sam 7.92

Rory 7.72

Kyle 6.64

Justin Sedgman 5.64

Danny Ayres 2.74

Nathan Greaves 2.54

At least we know that Ayres and Greaves can get around most tracks.

Sedgman could improve that average riding at number 2 IMO with Fast Fred.

Edited by superguest