British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2018

Only worry going with Jacob over Freddie is his away form.

His form at Monmore was brilliant at all times last season even though he was riding at 3 or 4 majority of it.

As a number 1 added with his previous away form I wouldn't be entirely comfortable going into the season, and that is not accounting for him coming back from a serious injury either.

Jacob's form away was much improved this year, with an average of 7.55 (8.19 with BP). A point lower than Fred.

The main difference of course was that it was from the supposed easier position of no4.

A lot has been made of Jacob struggling away over the recent years but that's not the case in 2017.

Both he and Freddie could be considered a risk coming back from season ending serious injuries.

Freddie appeared to hint that without the Tv money , he would not be affordable to Wolves.

So probably Jacob then

Possibly, my understanding is that we have one more signing to announce this week then we can't do anything else until the number 1 position is filled, so the longer the tv deal drags on for, the more likely it is we will choose Jacob I would have thought

maybe fred will start the season off untill the swedish season starts (is that early may,not sure) then jacob could take over that would work for both riders would give jacob a little longer recovery period and fred a bit of racing fitness before the gp starts.

Apparently Schlien was meant to sign at thestart of the year but due to the BV situation was not allowed to be signed until they had their team. Then Coventry didn't run and Bjerre who had signed for the bees given the nod so Schlien was left out at the start.

Regardless of any of that the Skornicki signing was absolutely crazy

A rider that ends a season with a team and doesn't start the following season with them can't be reintroduced without MC permission which is rarely,if ever, given.

I thought that was only last year, PK came back in 2016 mid season for us

Third signing to be announced today. Schlein or Ricky Wells is my guess

CVS is finding it hard enough to bin one of them let alone two

He needs to get a move on, though, or the one that he does bin will end up with even less chance of finding a team than they have at the moment.