British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2018

11 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Actually that was his downfall mate.

He wouldn't do as asked in the end just went about things in his own way.

Yeh i hear what your saying mate, but it depends how much input the riders tried to have ? IMO Riders should have some input, but not to  take over what the curator does.

14 minutes ago, sugarray said:

He wouldn't listen to his employer not the riders.

At Somerset riders have to speak to team manager who will speak to track guy.

Hmm, so perhaps he should have compromised, take on board whats said, then just  done what they wanted, then if it was wrong then they couldnt blame Ezz. but im not personally a great believer in riders having a full say in how the track is prepared. when it comes to watering or ripping the start or the bends  up yes, but not the whole track.I remember Adam Sckorniki telling me years ago, when you rip the turns up and just leave it like that all they are doing is riding through loose dirt with no traction. But Im not sure any curator would put up with that. You can never prepare the track the same way two weeks running, you can do it the same way, but the track wont ride the same.

24 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Hmm, so perhaps he should have compromised, take on board whats said, then just  done what they wanted, then if it was wrong then they couldnt blame Ezz. but im not personally a great believer in riders having a full say in how the track is prepared. when it comes to watering or ripping the start or the bends  up yes, but not the whole track.I remember Adam Sckorniki telling me years ago, when you rip the turns up and just leave it like that all they are doing is riding through loose dirt with no traction. But Im not sure any curator would put up with that. You can never prepare the track the same way two weeks running, you can do it the same way, but the track wont ride the same.

Riders should have some say as at the end of the day they are the ones who can tell how the track is riding. As I said in a previous post Doyle has probably had some say on the track. At the end of the day it's a team effort from top to bottom. Everyone has their own delegations but advice should always be taken. 

12 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Riders should have some say as at the end of the day they are the ones who can tell how the track is riding. As I said in a previous post Doyle has probably had some say on the track. At the end of the day it's a team effort from top to bottom. Everyone has their own delegations but advice should always be taken. 

Granted, they should. But not take over.

22 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

As in smooth

I don't think slick necessarily means smooth, rather it means very little loose shail. It could still be rutted but with all the shail compressed,  in although it is generally accepted that the Oak Tree has a good racing surface.

So no matching team suits for us apparently going by Jason Doyle's twitter and other posts on the Poole thread. I appreciate it costs a fair amount of money but poor decision in my eyes from a marketing, association and professional perspective. 

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

So no matching team suits for us apparently going by Jason Doyle's twitter and other posts on the Poole thread. I appreciate it costs a fair amount of money but poor decision in my eyes from a marketing, association and professional perspective. 

Is there any proof of this? Jason never named Somerset. 

11 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Is there any proof of this? Jason never named Somerset. 

Sugarray has also said about it on the Poole thread, who is usually very reliable with his information.

I can't imagine Jason Doyle really cares about what other teams are wearing other than his own team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Sugarray has also said about it on the Poole thread, who is usually very reliable with his information.

I can't imagine Jason Doyle really cares about what other teams are wearing other than his own team.

With all due respect to Sugarray, no one really knows what Debbie is planning or not. With the money now available she may go and get Team suits. I personally don't see the problem with race jackets. Apart from last season I've never really liked them and preferred the jackets. 

18 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

With all due respect to Sugarray, no one really knows what Debbie is planning or not. With the money now available she may go and get Team suits. I personally don't see the problem with race jackets. Apart from last season I've never really liked them and preferred the jackets. 

Sugarray knows what he is talking about.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

You've probably just answered your own question.

Not really I respect Sugarray with facts and figures but who really knows what Debbie is thinking but hey if i'm wrong and he has connections then I will admit i'm wrong,  as I said I don't really care if we have suits or not. I like the different colours of the riders kevlars. 

Edited by rebelwonderkid
  • Like 1

I loved it when riders were easy to recognise by their personal, rather than team coloured suits.

Plus, when you have a guest, or introduce a new rider to the team after the start of the season, all that is needed is to hand him a race-jacket, and the team still looks like a team.       

Race jackets for me every time -- unless a major team sponsor makes the promotion an offer they can't refuse.

Edited by Uluru
  • Like 2

The problem with riders using their own race jackets is that opposing riders can easily identify who's behind them during a race, thus making a pass a bit harder as they have a better idea of where the attack could come from.