British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2018

Just watched the Jason Doyle interview on Speedwaygb web site.  Somerset Speedway you have one hell of a fella representing you in 2018.  To my mind the BEST ambassador to the sport in the UK for loads and loads of years. His loyalty to British speedway and for what he says about the technicalities and differing tracks being short/long and tight proves that to be a complete rider you need to be involved in the sport on these shores. As a deserving world champion he could have walked away (just like the pseudo “British” Tai did) but no he stayed loyal.  Injury free will be a worlds best for years to come and could become a true legend to the sport of speedway in the modern era.  

as much as I like J Doyle I do think he is injury prone, if Jase can get a full season without any injuries, then he is hot favourite for W T No 2, i hope so because as Markyb has said "he is very loyal to these shores"

• Like 5

Jason Doyle showed great courage and determination in winning his world title with the injuries he was carrying. He has also shown a great loyalty to British speedway unlike a certain Mr Woffinden who as a British world champion could have rode here and helped promote the sport, but decided not to do that. Somerset have a great leader this season and not many will get near Jason around the Oaktree thats for sure. I hope he retains his title and the Rebels do well. (2nd to Aces will be fine) 

Just now, bellevueace said:

Jason Doyle showed great courage and determination in winning his world title with the injuries he was carrying. He has also shown a great loyalty to British speedway unlike a certain Mr Woffinden who as a British world champion could have rode here and helped promote the sport, but decided not to do that. Somerset have a great leader this season and not many will get near Jason around the Oaktree thats for sure. I hope he retains his title and the Rebels do well. (2nd to Aces will be fine) 

Woffy was open to a return this season until an unfair assessed new average prevented that happening.  Yet again done over by the governing body.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Woffy was open to a return this season until an unfair assessed new average prevented that happening.  Yet again done over by the governing body.

Rubbish. If he had wanted to return there’s no way cvs would have chosen Thorsel over Woffinden. Woffinden is not interested in supporting either the league that taught him to ride, or his country. Only interest he has is money all the way. No loyalty whatsoever to anything to do with the UK.

I really hope the BSPA only conider British riders who are riding in the Premier league when making their choices for the world pairs this season.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Simple fact is he could have chosen to ride/promote the sport in the UK as world champion, he had no interest in doing that, his protestations about the GB setup overall have a very hollow ring about them.

24 minutes ago, ouch said:

Weird how Woffy has turned his back on a full UK season all these years only to say he would have come back this year but for the rules. 

Laughable. 

We don't fit in with his lifestyle, he earns enough in Poland not to need to race here. He might as well be Polish or Swedish......

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish. If he had wanted to return there’s no way cvs would have chosen Thorsel over Woffinden. Woffinden is not interested in supporting either the league that taught him to ride, or his country. Only interest he has is money all the way. No loyalty whatsoever to anything to do with the UK.

I really hope the BSPA only conider British riders who are riding in the Premier league when making their choices for the world pairs this season.

CVS confirmed it at the talk in end of last season. But then the BSPA completely messed up the rules by stopping a British rider from riding here by saddling him with an average that made it impossible to fit him in yet allow some foreign riders to keep a completely outdated average. The same people of course stopping 2 British riders from riding in both leagues. Beyond bonkers.

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely if that was the case he would be riding here too:blink:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

CVS confirmed it at the talk in end of last season. But then the BSPA completely messed up the rules by stopping a British rider from riding here by saddling him with an average that made it impossible to fit him in yet allow some foreign riders to keep a completely outdated average. The same people of course stopping 2 British riders from riding in both leagues. Beyond bonkers.

Didn't he say on the Claire Balding show that he wasn't riding here because of the poor standard of the PL or have I imagined it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Didn't he say on the Claire Balding show that he wasn't riding here because of the poor standard of the PL or have I imagined it?

Matters not.  He was interested in coming back for fixed night racing.

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Still phoned 

wolves, BV, Kings Lynn and Poole .

In that order as well. 

No idea about order.  However it's clear he was considering it.