British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2018

It was mentioned on here weeks ago about Doyle signing and people said we couldn't afford him - I said at the time that wasn't the case and so it's proved. Welcome back to Jason Doyle to his spiritual home. Plenty to be optimistic about with this team, plenty of improvement in Lawson, Holder, Wilson Dean and Allen. Who knows about the Dane as I know nothing about him at all.

Poole can keep Chris Holder. I'm led to believe he was on his way until Ford put a stop to that. We'll settle for Doyle though *insert smug face*

• Like 4

Fair play to the club - several sponsors must have played their part. Terrific signing and a decent looking team who can all increase their starting average.

Also great for British Speedway that the World Champion is riding here!

• Like 2

Well looking at that team it will be very difficult to beat at home as at the OTA Wright and Lawson is ample backup away is a different story but remember Doyle can take up to 6 rides with heat 15 and tac sub. Looking individually:

Doyle - doesn't really need anything said does he. 

Wright - Mr Somerset so i'm happy he is back but away from home is the big question. 

Lawson - similar to Wright apart from that he isn't Mr Somerset. 

Holder - can definitely go on to be a 7.00 rider this season, hopefully can get a championship spot aswell to get more rides. Fixing his ego will be the thing but Doyle will be able to sort that. 

Allen - was hoping he would be at reserve personally but it's down to him to keep improving this season, riding with Scunny seemed to help him last season so hopefully a full season with them can do it again. 

BWD - fantastic to have him back, has won silverware with all three clubs he has been with now (he won something with Eastbourne didn't he?). Deserved a higher average than what he finished on last season and had problems with engines, definitely capable of a mid 5.00 average maybe a 6.00

Jeppesen - Who? Will have to wait and see but has already won things in Denmark in 2016 he won a youth championship. If he can get the points in heats 2 and 8 i'll be happy. Looking at the no. 7's in Clegg, Davey, Greaves and Serjeant plus possibly Smith/ Bickley and Shanes he should be capable of doing that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Whatever the goings on with Chris Holder, I can't see how Somerset can announce him when he's a Poole asset and still in Poole's team plans!!  Purchase, loan whatever nobody can announce him until Poole release him!!

Been there before - it’s called the Poole precedence! :wink:

Except not needed with Doyle signing 

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1