British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

We should rip up the side but we won't.

Is anyone that confident the rule will change anyway?

The only way the rule should be changed is if all Championship clubs vote to amend it, if only one opposes it then it should not be changed, imo.  My reasoning for this is that majority of clubs have built their teams based on rules which were agreed (whether the rule is good/bad is irrelevant) and if it is changed now it potentially puts some clubs at a disadvantage, as they may have had thoughts on who to use previously, but were not allowed - and puts others clubs at an advantage of giving them riders available who weren't previously.   It is almost like deciding halfway through season to change points to 5 for a win away from home, but saying to the 4 clubs who have ridden more away matches, tough you've missed out!!

As I said if all clubs are happy with this, then fine - but it shouldn't be a majority vote to win it needs to be unanimous.

Edited by Mad Max
Got name of league wrong!!!
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

If there is it will not be at Peterborough, all part of continuing Mafia reprisals.

Thought that I just read somewhere that Peterborough wouldn't host them. Whether that be by choice or as a consequence I don't think was made clear?

19 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Trouble is they don’t do transparency and communication either, but n fact I am struggling to suggest anything they do well apart from complete incompetence.

Put their money in to keep things running I guess which is why they don't want transparency and unambiguous communications.

4 hours ago, ch958 said:

we have a National Stadium for such events - neutral, central and good racing

So we can expect all lower league SGB major events to be held there in 2018.

Edited by Crump99

36 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s been made very clear, Peterborough are NOT hosting the Fours in 2018

Good, hope they make it a permanent arrangement, never been a fan of the fours . remember seeing the very first fours meeting at the showground which I believe was 1971 which was part of the expo steam weekend with an 11am  start between Greer's Gorillas , Davis's Demons , Sunderland Stars and another quartet , not quite sure who they were . It was run over 12 heats. I didn't like it then so if this decision is a punishment from the BSPA then I welcome it

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s been made very clear, Peterborough are NOT hosting the Fours in 2018

Indeed, but as I said, what's not been made clear is whether the BSPA said that you're not hosting them or whether Rathbone has told them to whistle following August's events and the lack of appreciation forthcoming from the lords and masters following a successful staging in 2017. It could have just been due to availabilty of dates at the EoES as you'd know, but did the BSPA ask if could we stage them, suggest that we needn't worry about at date after last year's events, or when asked Rathbone told them to get stuffed in more polite terms than that I'd imagine, or perhaps not if Godfrey or Chapman was on the other end of the phone!

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Good, hope they make it a permanent arrangement, never been a fan of the fours . remember seeing the very first fours meeting at the showground which I believe was 1971 which was part of the expo steam weekend with an 11am  start between Greer's Gorillas , Davis's Demons , Sunderland Stars and another quartet , not quite sure who they were . It was run over 12 heats. I didn't like it then so if this decision is a punishment from the BSPA then I welcome it

Bloody hell, that's a good memory and nice bit of nostalgia B)

14 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Manchester is in the North West, otherwise i agree with your points...

In Championship terms its pretty central...

2 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Think I’d prefer to get Jonas B 6.48 and Jorgenson 7.10 than wait and hope to sign a heat leader. If we can’t sign a big hitter we could up with no one 

Ully 7.12

Lunna 5.90

MPT 6.77

Jonas B 6.48

Jorgenson 7.10

Emil 4.39

Lambert 4.56

Certainly some wisdom in your thoughts maybe it would be a good idea . As I don't believe we should be hoping will do us any favours . What ever way they go with team planning with the five signed so far I don't think they capable of winning any trophies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Certainly some wisdom in your thoughts maybe it would be a good idea . As I don't believe we should be hoping will do us any favours . What ever way they go with team planning with the five signed so far I don't think they capable of winning any trophies.

Agreed, what if Nicholls gets offered double the money from another team? Then what? 

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

jorgenson not doing championship in 2018

Ok if not, may as well sign a new asset maybe on a 7.00 average, as may aswell add a name to the asset base 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Agreed, what if Nicholls gets offered double the money from another team? Then what? 

Ok if not, may as well sign a new asset maybe on a 7.00 average, as may aswell add a name to the asset base 

There must be tonnes left in the budget looking at the 5 signed.......

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Indeed, but as I said, what's not been made clear is whether the BSPA said that you're not hosting them or whether Rathbone has told them to whistle following August's events and the lack of appreciation forthcoming from the lords and masters following a successful staging in 2017. It could have just been due to availabilty of dates at the EoES as you'd know, but did the BSPA ask if could we stage them, suggest that we needn't worry about at date after last year's events, or when asked Rathbone told them to get stuffed in more polite terms than that I'd imagine, or perhaps not if Godfrey or Chapman was on the other end of the phone!

I wasn’t at the recent fans Forum but I have it on good authority that those present were told we wouldn’t be staging the Fours in 2018.

Biggest single BSPA event earner for 2017, went well didn’t it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

The rider says different 

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33653

Anyway with this new so called rule how can we wait for a heat leader?

Either way the team looks terrible.

you need to listen to the interview in full . he is waiting on the fixture lists to come out and then see what happens . already doing about 3 leagues . so could be hard on him .

at the start end of last season he said he was only doing the prem in the uk .  but things change as we know .