British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

"I could quite easily have walked away ....but I've got too much repect for our fans to do that."

So you let your top rider go abroad when the Fours were held at your own track and then subsequently let the same rider do likewise on several further occasions and could only be replaced by an NL guest! This guy seems quite selective in showing respect to his customers but is now bizarrely seeking their sympathy. He is the sole reason for this sorry mess and should face up to the consequences of his seriously flawed decision making.

• Like 5

"I could quite easily have walked away ....but I've got too much repect for our fans to do that."

So you let your top rider go abroad when the Fours were held at your own track and then subsequently let the same rider do likewise on several further occasions and could only be replaced by an NL guest! This guy seems quite selective in showing respect to his customers but is now bizarrely seeking their sympathy. He is the sole reason for this sorry mess and should face up to the consequences of his seriously flawed decision making.

I have very little sympathy for Ged personally and what he did, but it is the supporters who will be the losers from the consequences of his actions. Some should reflect on that when seeking retribution

• Like 1

If there is gonna be no speedway at the EOES in the next couple of years, it would seem silly to pay a large some of money just for it be on temporary. Would it not make sense to use the money as a deposit for a new venue/venture ?

What money , the money we haven't got or the money we have to find.

What money , the money we haven't got or the money we have to find.

the money you have to find,,, and its no good borrowing your way out of debt.
the story sort of says that the landlords won't work with other promotions, after being messed around in the past.

I find it funny that after the 'carryings-on' there in recent years, that Ged is defo not the sort of person to mess anyone around.

so there was some sort of message, in the 'save your money in August and keep it for later on' thing ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

BBC Radio Cambs this morning reported "The future of the Panthers is in doubt after the club was given a £45,000 for an infringement of team selection rules".

They said it was the club being fined, not any individual.

I can't wait to see the fine Chapman gets then for his multiple infringements of team selection rules.
  • Like 2

I can't wait to see the fine Chapman gets then for his multiple infringements of team selection rules.

They found a new rule. It doesn't matter how many times that you infringe, you can only be hung drawn and quartered once for the single offence of infringement.

All will be explained in the charge sheet and subsequent publicised ruling! - oops, I think that bit's wrong :shock:

Edited by Crump99

For those out there that are unaware it's become quite obvious to most of us local folk that speedway life at the showground will be coming to an end within the next 2/3 years

So Rathbone & co went to all the effort to buy the club and make it his life for the last 3 years without realising that he has a short time limited club? Seems a bit far fetched to me. If the EoES plan is to shut up shop for the speedway in 2 or 3 seasons then surely you'd knock it on the head now rather than input time effort and money for lttle, if any, return.

So Rathbone & co went to all the effort to buy the club and make it his life for the last 3 years without realising that he has a short time limited club? Seems a bit far fetched to me. If the EoES plan is to shut up shop for the speedway in 2 or 3 seasons then surely you'd knock it on the head now rather than input time effort and money for lttle, if any, return.

and if the EOES was gonna knock it on the head soon, then surely they would get what they can, with whoever until that day.

The reason why the Showground will only deal with Ged and Lisa is unlike other promoters who messed them around something chronic they have never been late with their monthly payments.

I doubt that Frost/Mahoney missed anything from 2008-13, far from it I'd say. Horton before and Horton after perhaps but that's only a couple of years in the last 10.

and if the EOES was gonna knock it on the head soon, then surely they would get what they can, with whoever until that day.

The resident looney is right in that financially Panthers are small beer to the EoES but that small beer is regular, as is the noisy use of the stadium which must be useful to remind the locals that the Showground was there before them. Whether that regular noisy use is needed really depends on what the long term plan is for the shrinking Showground. We've been saying that for years though and we're still going. We wouldn't be discussing it now if Hancock hadn't got crocked.

• Like 2

The EOES doesn't need the Panthers.

Peterborough is a thriving city with businesses constantly booking conferences.

Possibly you think you are being controversial and amusing ,that is why in normal circumstances you are just about tolerated. At the present time your comments are insensitive to say the least.. Put a sock in it !!!

Possibly you think you are being controversial and amusing ,that is why in normal circumstances you are just about tolerated. At the present time your comments are insensitive to say the least.. Put a sock in it !!!

Stick him on ignore Rodders then you can open up the post if you feel the need to pity someone that day. Otherwise just move on to the next post.

Wow JCF now trying to wind up the fans of his own team. Dont bite people. Maybe now you will all finally realise he is nothing but a troll with a very small manhood and with sticky palms.

That's a bite though. He's probably quite excited by your post.

That's a bite though. He's probably quite excited by your post.

Baldy being tissue fodder for JCF is not the ideal image to have planted in ones head on a Saturday night 😆😆

It's cos you know I have a pretty baby face bruv. 😂😂

Not very imaginative names they give these dolls are they 😛