British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

well now Pats retired and Ged currently has his promoters licence suspended - we won't even have a representative at the Tenerife shindig.

Trevor will still be eligible to attend even if he has retired.

• Like 1

Think we all need an announcement either way now

Supposed to be a fans forum any time soon now but no date announced as yet, I think that must be the next stage, but it needs to be soon.

Good point. It popped out of nowhere (probably from the Twitterati or happy clappers). If Rathbone carries on, and I expect him to, then there is only one place that'll be and it isn't the top league. That'd mean moving from Sunday for starters and that's not gonna happen.

Also the amount of travelling has to be taken into account although premier league would suit Panthers better logistically staying in the championship would suit Ged better from his Middlesbrough base.

and we all know who he'll be looking out for ;)

Personally i'm more interested in Panthers continuing regardless of what league they choose to be in, but I would suggest for purely financial reasons it makes sense to stay in the championship as moving away from Sunday racedays could well be a disaster waiting to happen as I believe your Diamonds would suffer the same consequencies should they move away from Sunday racing , it's not a matter of who (he) will be looking after it's a matter of survival. So please do try to keep up before you make you're silly sarcastic remarks.

Personally i'm more interested in Panthers continuing regardless of what league they choose to be in, but I would suggest for purely financial reasons it makes sense to stay in the championship as moving away from Sunday racedays could well be a disaster waiting to happen as I believe your Diamonds would suffer the same consequencies should they move away from Sunday racing , it's not a matter of who (he) will be looking after it's a matter of survival. So please do try to keep up before you make you're silly sarcastic remarks.

oh dear,,, a was merely suggesting that it will be the championship, whereas PL would make sense IMO

Edited by ruffdiamond

Sunday is a trade off between crowd, and riders that don't race in Poland.

Sunday is always going to be an issue with Poland. Even if you don't think that you have a problem then there's always one waiting round the first bend, as we found out this year to our cost!

Like yourself I would be adaptable to it but many are not unfortunately. Also PL are talking about Monday's and Thursday's

Been done before:

THURSDAY night will be speedway night in Peterborough in 2006.

THURSDAY night will be speedway night in Peterborough in 2006.Panthers chief Colin Horton has thrashed out a deal with the East of England Showground to stage the club's home fixtures on a Thursday next season.

Horton said: "The Showground management have been superb to deal with and are understanding of our needs.

"I'm delighted with how successful our negotiations have been and this reflects the excellent relationship being forged between the club and the Showground."

Horton has already rubber-stamped a series of dates for next season and speedway will be staged every Thursday apart from the traditional June break for the East of England Show.

Edited by Crump99

Like yourself I would be adaptable to it but many are not unfortunately. Also PL are talking about Monday's and Thursday's

I would much prefer Premier League but can't see it happening. Not much chance of a regular night at the Showground and most of post Frost Panthers fans actually prefer Second Division. All this assuming Panthers not forced out by the Mafia.

I would much prefer Premier League but can't see it happening. Not much chance of a regular night at the Showground and most of post Frost Panthers fans actually prefer Second Division. All this assuming Panthers not forced out by the Mafia.

Since Mercer first arrived (now moved on) to run the EoES it was always the case of we take what we're given because we're happy for the dates. If the EoES really do want speedway as we're told and they knew that it now runs on set nights then who knows how flexible they could suddenly become? As I feared when we dropped though, the mindset throughout the club has now become lower league and unless someone with money to burn for a few years comes along then it'll be status quo (posted with a due sense of dread for the status quo jokes! - not from you Rodders).

Edited by Crump99