British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

A number of Panthers fans stopped attending on stepping down to Second Division. I fear many of the present fans if asked would say they prefer Second Division.

I of course want Panthers to return to the top flight.

A number of Panthers fans stopped attending on stepping down to Second Division. I fear many of the present fans if asked would say they prefer Second Division.

I of course want Panthers to return to the top flight.

A top flight including the Panthers , Stars and Witches would be good for local fans . Can't beat a bit of local rivalry

• Like 1

It appears reading between the lines that the Torun money has kept Panthers running for another year.

Is you're above quote from the official unofficial press office , if so then it is no more than hearsay , then again it could turn out to be correct , which ever way you look at it , it's very unprofessional.

Some clarification is needed.

This wasn't an official announcement, a Panthers fan on Twitter was pestering Carl about the Holder/Torun deal.

Carl simply responded saying that we'll be running in 2018.That comment was in reference to the financial strength of the Panthers.

As for Jack Holder, I'm told he won't be riding in the Premier League unless it's for the Panthers. He's outgrown the league but he's prepared to ride in the Championship as a favour.

I'd love to see us in the EL, but at what cost? The crowd levels were awful last time.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

This wasn't an official announcement, a Panthers fan on Twitter was pestering Carl about the Holder/Torun deal.

Carl simply responded saying that we'll be running in 2018.That comment was in reference to the financial strength of the Panthers.

As for Jack Holder, I'm told he won't be riding in the Premier League unless it's for the Panthers. He's outgrown the league but he's prepared to ride in the Championship as a favour.

I'd love to see us in the EL, but at what cost? The crowd levels were awful last time.

Well that's cleared it up no end, always worth waiting for. I shall clarify this evening what I mean by cleared up as it's all too easy to be confused by such a tricky statement.

In 2013 Frost said: "Crowd levels were disastrous in the first part of the season. They went up as the team began to perform well" - competent TM finally in place after years and a winning team, get the picture?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Just out of interest, if it goes Monday and Thursday in top league, is that something the panthers could do at the showground?

Frankly I doubt it. In any case talk of return to proper speedway is speculation at best.

Just out of interest, if it goes Monday and Thursday in top league, is that something the panthers could do at the showground?

Depends on the owner, local derbies would be better with Lynn, Leicester, Rye and Ipswich all within easy reach but not sure weekday race nights would support it crowd wise, crowds were not good enough last time we tried it.

• Like 1

Used to be that way before anyway but whether the EoES would go for it now, who knows. Perhaps if they realised that it was that or no speedway with its regular, noisy use then they might. Sundays are no doubt easier for management, volunteers and supporters so something would have to change IMO to go midweek again.

Edited by Crump99

We need to get Bomber back next season, whatever league we are in.

That would be my priority too..he is the only reason I have attended the last few meaningless matches..would also like to return to top league but it's unlikely.

Jack Holder has outgrown the league!?really??🤣😅have u seen him in the premiership lately?
  • Like 2