British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Maybe they got Ged to take as much as he could from them so they could fine him and take the money for themselves?

Fines go to the Speedway Riders Benevolence Fund, not the BSPA.

Also a BSPA vice-chairman cant know what punishment the SCB will hand out. More fool Ged for trusting him.

A very tasteless remark in my view, as it seems this may well be the end of Peterborough Speedway.!!!!!

That's assuming that the EoES doesn't want to deal with anyone else and Rathbone doesn't want to recoup some of the reported 100k that he's invested? If the EoES want to end it then that's the end but otherwise I want something back for my troubles.

Just had a look at how that just giving page is doing for geds fine, and so far it's managed to raise a massive 320 pound of the 10 grand figure it's trying to raise.

That's just the happy clappers getting excited. Well intentioned but it's not a raffle, serious cash is needed.

So if Ged doesn't want to carry on then a sale does get a mention which means the EoES may deal with someone else? Problem is, where is the next Frost/Mahoney because that's the budget required to run at the Showground when they can fit you in.

“I’ve got to try to understand whether I can stay out of trouble and away from the politics, and if I’ve still got enough left in me to carrying on doing the best I can for Peterborough Speedway, or whether the club gets sold, or worst case scenario disappears.” (Peterborough Today 16/10)

Edited by Crump99

Even though it's still Holder and Geds fault for what's happened. You do have to question why the BSPA would say that, then go against there word....

and begs the question why he didnt defend himself when the fine was given out with this excuse,my guess is it wasnt said at all