British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Or not bother at all if thisis what gets served up.

That's you're choice . I love my speedway so I will still be there week in week out but I suspect a lot of fans will not take that view and I wouldn't blame them for that , if they feel they are not getting value for money.

26 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I honestly don't know how they could get team building so wrong year on year . Total shambles perhaps they should get the city council to do it . They wouldn't do any worse.

I don't know about that. For starters they'd  put a set of traffic lights on the back straight, install a new right turn into the pits via the hospitality viewing area and cone off half of the track on turns 3 & 4 to make it single file and safer. Then they'd cock up the team building before putting the admission up to cover admin costs. I think getting it wrong is called running on a tight budget whereas Rick Frost called it Kenneth Bjerre and Poles who generally scored naff all away from the EoES.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

This time would struggle to beat the Panthers side that Moller and Simota in it 

Shush don't mention those names .

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I don't know about that. For starters they'd  put a set of traffic lights on the back straight, install a new right turn into the pits via the hospitality viewing area and cone off half of the track on turns 3 & 4 to make it single file and safer. Then they'd cock up the team building before putting the admission up to cover admin costs. I think getting it wrong is called running on a tight budget whereas Rick Frost called it Kenneth Bjerre and Poles who generally scored naff all away from the EoES.

You forgot about the roadworks  that could last the whole season on turns two and three.

30 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Nicholls 

Grondal :rolleyes:

MPT :rolleyes:

Lunna 

Ostergaard :rolleyes:

Lambert 

Bacon 

I actually feel sorry for Scott Nicholls 

I actually feel sorry for you...if all you can do is put on here every 5 mins how s*** you think our team is..just don't go then and get another hobby instead.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Lukas said:

I actually feel sorry for you...if all you can do is put on here every 5 mins how s*** you think our team is..just don't go then and get another hobby instead.

You must admit he has a point  ,  if we get  Nicholls he will be a lone star with very little to back him up in heats  13 and 15. As this is a forum for discussion then he's within his rites to state his views unpopular or not but if he doesn't like what he sees on track he has a choice as nobody is forcing him to go to meetings.

4 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

You must admit he has a point  ,  if we get  Nicholls he will be a lone star with very little to back him up in heats  13 and 15. As this is a forum for discussion then he's within his rites to state his views unpopular or not but if he doesn't like what he sees on track he has a choice as nobody is forcing him to go to meetings.

Spot on.  The club had a real opportunity to kick on after the double last season to promote the sport further in the city.  

I'm not a speedway for speedway sake kind of person but I'd have loved nothing more for us to build another exciting side in a bid to add further trophies etc.  Instead we have replaced messed the team building up again. 

10 hours ago, Lukas said:

the team what is likely to line up is 5h1te , after the holdergate fiasco I never went another  meeting , no doubt the happy clappers will be saying  how good team is but winning the wooden spoon won't be good enough to bring crowds in

It's all well and good ged and  carl saying  we sign riders who want to ride for club  but look at riders whos signed  lunna looks like he'll Improve ,  toft is not even a decent 2nd string round showground cant gate for stink poor signing , can see why they signed lambert IF he stays injury free  he'll win them matches at home , grondal was cack the last time he rode for us  has he got any better riding abroad ??? poor signing  as for oystercard  they kept hiding at no4 last season because he couldn't cut the mustard at 5   he maybe mr peterboro but nobody likes riding with him , bacon can't ride showground  he will improve his average  at a different  club but not at showground 

all in all looks worse line up since I've been going  and at over 50 quid  a meet for my household I won't be  paying to watch the likely dross  whats gonna be served up

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hans fan said:

the team what is likely to line up is 5h1te , after the holdergate fiasco I never went another  meeting , no doubt the happy clappers will be saying  how good team is but winning the wooden spoon won't be good enough to bring crowds in

It's all well and good ged and  carl saying  we sign riders who want to ride for club  but look at riders whos signed  lunna looks like he'll Improve ,  toft is not even a decent 2nd string round showground cant gate for stink poor signing , can see why they signed lambert IF he stays injury free  he'll win them matches at home , grondal was cack the last time he rode for us  has he got any better riding abroad ??? poor signing  as for oystercard  they kept hiding at no4 last season because he couldn't cut the mustard at 5   he maybe mr peterboro but nobody likes riding with him , bacon can't ride showground  he will improve his average  at a different  club but not at showground 

all in all looks worse line up since I've been going  and at over 50 quid  a meet for my household I won't be  paying to watch the likely dross  whats gonna be served up

Difficult to argue with any of this.

14 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

That's you're choice . I love my speedway so I will still be there week in week out but I suspect a lot of fans will not take that view and I wouldn't blame them for that , if they feel they are not getting value for money.

Problem being of course that we've nearly closed more times than I care to remember over the last 5 years and with what allegedly appears to be increasing uncertainty and problems running at the EoES I'd make the most of it while it's there. Coming back when it suits might not be an option. Having said that, it's also difficult to disagree with much of hans fan's logic.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3