British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Actually, on Facebook Ged reacted to my post saying he was wrong, and should have been punished. In reply he implied that he had made a payment to my club, Newcastle, and when I asked "Why ?" he did not reply. It can be assumed, I think, that he has made some payment to Newcastle to offset any losses that my club may have incurred. Pleased he didn't answer as Facebook is not the arena for such discussions.

If it's true that Newcastle have accepted some payment from Peterborough, which you have to assume was part of the Torun money, then shouldn't they be fined whatever that amount was?

Any further retribution other than the deserved fine is effectively a punishment for Peterborough Speedway rather than the owner, which may prove to be the tipping point regarding the future. Those with such views would do well to reflect.

Right. So it's not acceptable for a club to receive payment in the way that Peterborough did but fine for them to presumably give some of that to another club

The payment Peterborough received was in relation to carrying out an act which contravened the rules, hence a fine. If any one else is in receipt of any payment from Peterborough, then you have to ask what have they done to "earn" this payment - if it breaks rules then sanction(s) are applicable, if not then no action necessary!

The one in the speedway star giving Ged's account of why Hansen was told by text/phone on his way home that he was sacked

did they just text him as, they knew that hospitals/ambulances are a 'no mobiles' area and thought he would have been a decent citizen and switched his off ???

but got the message asa he was back on air.

IF Ged has not spent the money I do not see the problem in paying the fine. However I suspect some if not all of it has gone. I do not support the free admission to next meeting which seems to have sent the vultures and scavengers into a feeding frenzy. I really do not see the purpose of this since I cant understand what anybody has actually lost financially over this affair. I would hope that Panthers fans if this still stands and indeed Panthers still run would not take advantage of it, I certainly won't.

• Like 2

IF Ged has not spent the money I do not see the problem in paying the fine. However I suspect some if not all of it has gone. I do not support the free admission to next meeting which seems to have sent the vultures and scavengers into a feeding frenzy. I really do not see the purpose of this since I cant understand what anybody has actually lost financially over this affair. I would hope that Panthers fans if this still stands and indeed Panthers still run would not take advantage of it, I certainly won't.

IF you say - wasnt it you that suggested anyone not knowing the level of the bung, or indeed if there had even been one should stop speculating. (Although it turned out they were right 😛)

That being the case should you not refrain from guessing whether Ged has spent the dosh rather than suggesting your 'suspect' some if not all has gone....

As for vultures and scavengers in a feeding frenzy

🏆 heres you award for most over dramatic post of 2017 😜

• Like 1

my niave take on the free meeting is that this compensates the fans, you know the one's who were all complaining they were disregarded over Holders.

Of course I could be completely wrong!!

• Like 1

lets hhope workington are the first visitors the the eoes for the free league meeting .. almost worth the travel costs involved to see marrowbones boat race !

Comets supposed supporters don't even turn up at Derwent Park so what makes you think they would put themselves out and turn up at the showground even if it was free.

me , i turn up every week ( apart from 2 weeks this season when family came before speedway , just )

we are prob like most clubs now and are down to the hard core fans .

but its the mid season holiday in the sport that dwindles away the supporters .

• Like 1

Interesting comments by Ged tonight!

Panthers were advised by the BSPA vice-chairman that they could take the offer from Torun to release Jack Holder.

Worst case scenario was a £500 fine for every meeting Jack Holder missed.

Sounds like the BSPA don't know what they're doing. I hope Ged walks away and leaves the amateurs to run the sport into the ground.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan