British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

23 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Just think that the best riders should stick to Div 1 and let the rest earn the money that is on offer in Div 2. Or perhaps all riders should be given a choice of which league want to ride in.

There isn't enough meetings in England for a lot of riders if they only ride in 1 league.

14 hours ago, jimg said:

Don't think lakeside too bothered, they signed Morris , Lawson and  Newman in one fell swoop , knowing the 6pt rule before some other promoters found out.

jimg  

Yeah and the irony in signing in a PL number 1 when they weren't allowed to sign lower standard riders initially.

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

The official site continues to be bang up to date , packed with every bit of the very latest news.

Try looking at the BSPA website , they are even worse and according to there info section we are still on 2017 rules . They make changes to rules but how is anyone supposed to know what has been altered when they can't even get a basic thing like updating  correct, is it any wonder the sport is in such a mess.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, Kitykat said:

So why will Scott and Eddie be allowed to this year? That's if the rule is changed, which it probably will be.

So they may change a rule this year and not next???  

Maybe Walt Disney is running the show, as it's very mickey mouse.

If they allow SN & EK and anyone else in a similar position to ride in both leagues it is the right thing to do because other 9 riders have been allowed to do so. It is too late now to bar them all because it would cause too much disruption with the new season fast approaching. Next season however, current BPL averages should decide and not most recent BCL averages.

43 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Deliberately riding to lower their average will cost them money will it not?

It could be termed as making an investment for the next season by deliberately  riding to lower their average as long as they have enough in reserve to sustain this. It could be something like not updating equipment until the following year and then a bumper year ahead with new bikes .

13 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

So 2 BPL number 1s are allowed to ride in a lower easier league. Ridiculous.

Chris Harris didn't exactly win all his races  last season so it's not that easy. :D I don't take any interest in statistics though so I don't know what his final average was.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

what is that ?

its when a guy rides well below their potential in order to gain a place with a certain Scottish team (elite  league at the time. ) .he was that slow the previous season..  the belle vue graders lapped him !

Edited by jenga

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

its when a guy rides well below their potential in order to gain a place with a certain Scottish team (elite  league at the time. ) .he was that slow the previous season..  the belle vue graders lapped him !

Cancelled my Speedway Star Subscription , all i need to do is log in here read Jengas post's all the hot topics you need save money sorted.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gemini said:

Chris Harris didn't exactly win all his races  last season so it's not that easy. :D I don't take any interest in statistics though so I don't know what his final average was.

7.63 which equates to just under 10.00 in the BCL where he only averaged 8.44 for Peterborough last season. I agree that he hardly set the woods on fire but the point is if they used current BPL averages he would have to be given a 10.00 to ride in the BCL 2018. 

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

7.63 which equates to just under 10.00 in the BCL where he only averaged 8.44 for Peterborough last season. I agree that he hardly set the woods on fire but the point is if they used current BPL averages he would have to be given a 10.00 to ride in the BCL 2018. 

Only averaged 8.44.

Given the choice he would be the first name on the team sheet for me, utter box office, a class act and an out and out racer and a bloody nice chap to boot.

• Like 5