British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

BSPA are an amateur organisation led by a man in Chapman who turned King's Lynn from play-off contenders into relegation contenders.

Walk away Ged, I'm fully behind you.

This is a matter of principle.

The principles of this are that Ged broke the governing rules and has been fined appropriately, he let fans down badly and brought more disrepute to the sport IMO and must carry the can for this , The least he could do is show he has some credibility by paying the fines imposed .

• Like 1

Good to see the British Speedway Prevention Association up to their crazy antics again. Whatever the rights and wrongs of what has been done, the upshot of this is that British Speedway, an already labouring animal, looks in danger of losing one of the best tracks it has once and for all.

With the proximity of houses near the EOES, who have already made complaints regarding noise levels, I fear that if it was lost to the sport this year the chances of its return would be slim. This would be a great shame and something that with some sensibility could be avoided.

Are we trying to drive a wedge into more top line riders participating in the sport in Britain. We already have a very watered down league where 90% of the worlds top riders do not want to compete. We are looking at a debacle of a relegation/promotion play off where the two participating teams share riders and we already know that of those top riders who still turn up week in/week out in the UK have said that without a regular night in the week, this participation would be in doubt, therefore leading to a further weakened league structure.

Do we really want to continue to push bright prospects and established "stars" away from the UK, and force one of the few decent tracks out into the wilderness. Surely the BSPA should be looking to reach a conclusion that involves a slapped wrist but does not jepordise the future.

It is no wonder that people are turning away from the sport.

• Like 2

Good to see the British Speedway Prevention Association up to their crazy antics again. Whatever the rights and wrongs of what has been done, the upshot of this is that British Speedway, an already labouring animal, looks in danger of losing one of the best tracks it has once and for all.

With the proximity of houses near the EOES, who have already made complaints regarding noise levels, I fear that if it was lost to the sport this year the chances of its return would be slim. This would be a great shame and something that with some sensibility could be avoided.

Are we trying to drive a wedge into more top line riders participating in the sport in Britain. We already have a very watered down league where 90% of the worlds top riders do not want to compete. We are looking at a debacle of a relegation/promotion play off where the two participating teams share riders and we already know that of those top riders who still turn up week in/week out in the UK have said that without a regular night in the week, this participation would be in doubt, therefore leading to a further weakened league structure.

Do we really want to continue to push bright prospects and established "stars" away from the UK, and force one of the few decent tracks out into the wilderness. Surely the BSPA should be looking to reach a conclusion that involves a slapped wrist but does not jepordise the future.

It is no wonder that people are turning away from the sport.

why will EOES be lost?

As long as Ged pays the money he was given I expect he'll be reinstated as promoter and can move on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did I not read somewhere that Poole and Peterborough were the only 2 clubs who wouldn't sign saying they would release riders to Poland?

If this is correct then ged has himself to blame for this, he should have told Holder that he would receive a ban and therefore would just have to rely on Polish earnings.however much that would have been!!

As always people are quick to jump on the BSPA reaching a verdict, but end of day only 2 (poss 3) guilty parties, and 1 has taken the can, quite rightly in my opinion. Sorry edited to add that I don't mean he should carry the can for other parties, I meant that something quite rightly needed doing.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 4

So, Ged declared receiving £40K & has been fined a similar amount. Where is the deterrent in this?

Again, this is hearsay from a guy to be trusted so what IF he received £50K! He is then £10K in pocket. If he then runs speedway at Peterborough next year, the 1st league meeting is free via the turnstiles & posters on here are saying WOW, a freebie lets go!

The EOES owners must be rubbing their hands as Sheffield had a freebie at the start of this season & some posters were saying the turn out was triple what they normally get. Now back to the EOES, what do they normally do when they have a big meeting(the 4's), they put their prices up so when you turn up next year, expect to pay £2-2.50 for parking, no food or drinks allowed & then pay extortionate prices once inside.

The EOES owners will be rubbing their hands & saying "thanks Ged, here is £xxxx for your troubles".

Why is it that the future of Peterborough Speedway is in doubt if the fine is the same as the payment? Has the money been already spent?

I don't see the justification in a free meeting and am appalled at the indecent pace with which the vultures and scavengers are gathering.

All those vultures probably appalled at ged, so it's just a way of saying so. Nothing says up yours better than a freebie. Thanks Ged

I think they just want something for free, and to benefit form others misfortunes

Edited by wealdstone

Thinking you can make your own rules up and do what ya want and receive money for it, it's not what I would call misfortune.

Thinking you can make your own rules up and do what ya want and receive money for it, it's not what I would call misfortune.

Kick a man when he is down even though it is own fault is no excuse for continuing to kick. Scavengers still circling !!

Edited by wealdstone

The problem is where do you find such people with the financial backing ,as for Hansen really wasn't doing the business and looked a shadow of the rider who guested for us on a few occasions the previous season.

Don't disagree that it was right to drop Hansen, the point I was highlighting was the fictional (imo) report of how it was conducted.

Kick a man when he is down even though it is own fault is no excuse for continuing to kick. Scavengers still circling !!

Its just stating an opinion about the outcome.

Continuing to kick would be still dragging it up once the free meeting is done and dusted.