British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2018

9 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Drop that silly rule stopping Nicholls and Kennett doubling up and sign both as well as ripping the current team up

1 Nicholls 

2 Lambert 

3 Ostergaard 

4 Sedgemen 

5 Kennett 

6 Pijper 

7 Wood 

Flakier than a Danish pastry :lol::P

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about it either  , I think we are looking at a summer of discontent , wouldn't be surprised if J. Holder is back as NO1 and maybe they are waiting to get around his Polish fixture schedule, just a  guess not sure it would be a popular decision though with fans but they probably have very little choice as things stand.

13 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I'd take Jack Holder even if Torun get priority for fixtures.

A number 1 for 75% of our fixtures is better than no number 1 for 100% of our fixtures.

True , but would fans accept this , the 25% with a 2 pointer at NO1 is very worrying IMO. Poor team building  yet again .

13 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

50 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

As long as Torun are happy to pay the BSPA fine and subsidise Ged for the lower crowd attendance, I don't see there being a problem. 

There's a deal to be made. 

Surely Torun understand that Holder can't just be a reserve, the boy needs to be riding regularly! 

I really don't think we want to go down that route again now do we .

It's a funny old sport. On the one hand you have fans hoping for a bit of continuity and keeping riders from the previous year, how it used to be,  but then you have others who aren't keen on old faces reappearing. Can't please everyone I suppose. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gemini said:

It's a funny old sport. On the one hand you have fans hoping for a bit of continuity and keeping riders from the previous year, how it used to be,  but then you have others who aren't keen on old faces reappearing. Can't please everyone I suppose. :D

I have no problem with old riders returning  , they are ok in there own right, the problem is we have not used the averages correctly to build the team , too many middle order riders and very little clout with heat leaders , and of the old riders returning , I can't see how they will improve  at all from the averages they have already got

• Like 1

Okay fair enough. I'm not really into statistics but understand what you mean. Still think if you can get a good number one ~ Scott Nicholls :wink: ~ it will be a decent enough team. Peterborough did okay this year so the riders don't necessarily have to improve their average just keep the same?

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

Okay fair enough. I'm not really into statistics but understand what you mean. Still think if you can get a good number one ~ Scott Nicholls :wink: ~ it will be a decent enough team. Peterborough did okay this year so the riders don't necessarily have to improve their average just keep the same?

Did they do ok? They got lucky (and unlucky at times, as well as self inflicted damage). If the 4TT wasn't at the EoES then they probably wouldn't have got out of the group, let alone winning it. The KO Cup speaks for itself when your TM says “But I told the Ipswich management and riders that they didn’t deserve to lose the final", and we all know what happened there. They must have done ok in a business sense because Rathbone decided to run in 2018 so they must be doing something right as he says? The mantra usually is that we only want riders who want to ride for the club, such and such can add a point to their average (because that's the way that you win the main prize), and the final chestnut is "that's the team we wanted". Having said that, looking at the 2017 table, Panthers were not far away despite finishing 6th but more of the same will bring the same result, or worse possibly, looking at some of the teams so far. You are right though in that a good no1 can make a whole world of difference but not too sure that it can save what we currently have?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

You are right though in that a good no1 can make a whole world of difference but not too sure that it can save what we currently have?

If Peterboro need to get rid of some riders to fit others in, may I suggest it might be good to do it on 'press and practise day', (just for a laugh) ;)

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If Peterboro need to get rid of some riders to fit others in, may I suggest it might be good to do it on 'press and practise day', (just for a laugh) ;)

‘He’s mad. He’s mad! He’s madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of last year’s Mr Madman competition.’ :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 17/12/2017 at 9:32 PM, Flappy said:

Spot on can anyone really see any of MPT, Ostergaard, Lunna, Lambert or Grondal adding 1.5-2 points to their average? 

Even if we do sign a big hitter at 1 it just leaves a disjointed team with Ostergaard and MPT in heat leader spots. 

There's a reason why Ostergaard was hidden at 4 all of last season 

Time will tell - much will depend on next 2 signings. Quite happy how team is setting up. #ingedwetrust 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

The number 1 will need to be Mr Consistent as the others aren't 

Panthers could go to the end of January before completing the final 2 team positions according to Carl Johnson they are waiting for proposed vote change , he also mentions we have plan A and a plan B  for more details see the  P/boro  E .T.

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Panthers could go to the end of January before completing the final 2 team positions according to Carl Johnson they are waiting for proposed vote change , he also mentions we have plan A and a plan B  for more details see the  P/boro  E .T.

With our BSPA think you need plan c-d-e & f as well