British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2018

You're missing the point, championship clubs will not be riding on the nights designated for premiership racing

I am not missing the point. I fully understand what is being considered. I was just trying to explain to a previous poster that there should be no fixture clashes even if a current BCL Thursday night team still wanted to keep their race night. As you have pointed out though this may not be allowed anyway.

Chapman stated in the star a few weeks ago that all non premier clubs who ride on Monday and Thursday had agreed to move nights.

The only way it could work! There just wouldn't be any logic to Sheffield Ipswich and Redcar carrying on running Thursdays if they remain in BCL. Not just from the point of view of clashes with Leicester but with the Premiership as a whole. I wonder if they've agreed willingly, though.

The rider that was mentioned to me would be an excellent signing for Leicester but is far from confirmed so would be unfair to steal the clubs thunder and it may yet not happen.

This would not be the first GP rider to discuss terms in the winter to ride in the UK and then change their mind when they consider the logistics more.

Rest assured if I hear it's a confirmed deal then I will let you all know and further shows how the club is moving forward

• Like 1

I just wonder if its Sayfutdinov or Laguta, remember there were strong suggestions of a Russian to lead the team when we first made the step up to the top tier (although it never came to fruition). Would be a notable improvement on Bondarenko, the last Russian I remember in Lions colours- always gated, first into the first turn and fourth coming out of bend 2!

I just wonder if its Sayfutdinov or Laguta, remember there were strong suggestions of a Russian to lead the team when we first made the step up to the top tier (although it never came to fruition). Would be a notable improvement on Bondarenko, the last Russian I remember in Lions colours- always gated, first into the first turn and fourth coming out of bend 2!

Not Emil. Said on Twitter the other day that he would not ride in the UK.

And Laguta is riding in Sweden this year so I doubt that he would do an extra league. He has not done 3 for the last couple of years.

Not zagar, there is no way he will go leicester.

He gotnhis own national federation to put the Slovenian champs the same day as a Leicester meeting so he diddnt have to go