British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2018

4 hours ago, flagrag said:

Only thing I am not sure about is the averages when will they change for the first time ? I am glad others support my view that a temporary replacement is the best option as going to struggle to cover the meetings 

The averages are released on the 23rd of each month, to take effect from the 1st of the next month, so presumably the 23rd April will see the new averages released, by the 1st May Josh should be back anyway.

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

The averages are released on the 23rd of each month, to take effect from the 1st of the next month, so presumably the 23rd April will see the new averages released, by the 1st May Josh should be back anyway.

................Only if a rider has completed 4H & 4A by the 23rd.

13 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

It also confirms what I've always thought that Danny King must not be given a ride in heat 15 especially when the result is at stake.

I know someone else who has always had that opinion when Danny rode for the Bees. Not me by the way. 

On 30/3/2018 at 11:31 PM, Gambo said:

................Only if a rider has completed 4H & 4A by the 23rd.

That's just for assessed riders tho according to SCB rulebook. 16.2.1.6

Could be anything for established riders. Clegg only did 4 for Wolves and still got a new average. Ruling could be anything as they change them to suit. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Leicester now have the unfortunate situation of trying to replace their No1 rider only a few weeks into the season this is going to be a very difficult job trying to convince a GP quality rider to come and ride in the U.K. especially with the pressure that Poland put on riders.

Already Polish clubs and media are saying that U.K. racing is too inconsistent with not high enough standard of riders so high risk of injury. Although this does not apply to Vaculik incident that was due to unsafe track.

Leicester just don’t seem to get any luck with injuries to top riders like in 2017 Pawel P came in lasted one meeting Vaculik lasts one meeting so realistically who would Lions fans like to come in with Lindgren too high, Can Kildemand be persuaded to stay or Zagar 

5 minutes ago, flagrag said:

So Leicester now have the unfortunate situation of trying to replace their No1 rider only a few weeks into the season this is going to be a very difficult job trying to convince a GP quality rider to come and ride in the U.K. especially with the pressure that Poland put on riders.

Already Polish clubs and media are saying that U.K. racing is too inconsistent with not high enough standard of riders so high risk of injury. Although this does not apply to Vaculik incident that was due to unsafe track.

Leicester just don’t seem to get any luck with injuries to top riders like in 2017 Pawel P came in lasted one meeting Vaculik lasts one meeting so realistically who would Lions fans like to come in with Lindgren too high, Can Kildemand be persuaded to stay or Zagar 

I would have thought it’s easy, K Bjerre he only lives an hour away, big mate of Hans as well

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Or guest, Lambert, Batch or Musielak should be available

Or run the Sport properly and make a signing or run RR?

If RR then the next two riders should be able to take two rides each...

Too easy to run guests hence the Sport does...

Hence it sadly has no credibilty. ..

Zagar doesn’t like Leicester, always find a reason not to ride !

KBjerre average too high

Don’t rate Batch around Leicester

Musielak not at the standard

Don’t think Woffy would do it, but might be worth a shot !

Nillson a good shout if he would do it

Fricke or Masters could guest

Tough one all round & “how’s your luck” ?

You would think it would be pretty difficult to sort anything out before next week's meetings, so will probably have to go guest & R/R. By the following week Holder looks like he'll be back at Poole, so leaving Kildemand free, that would free up enough points to replace MPT with Lasse if he is unfit. Kildemand & Lasse wouldn't weaken us in anyway.

5 hours ago, Big Al said:

Blooming heck this is going to hit Leicester in the pocket a bit.

Woffinden? AJ? Nilsson (with arm-twisting)? Nicki "Box Office" P?

In the meantime, R/R could be ok for Monday.

Woffy, Piotr Pawlicki, Zagar, Nilsson could fit for averages. AJ too high, ditto Dirty Nicki.

Hopefully both Piotr and Woffy are available when Wolves need them mid season so will hopefully be unavailable for the Lions. 

Wishing them well on finding a replacement tho.