British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2018

55 minutes ago, Rob Dyer said:

Christina Turnbull had a set at the Poole fans meeting last night. Neil Vatcher mentioned a few snippets. 1. The second starting line has been withdrawn and riders must remain astride their machines whilst ‘gardening’.  2. Rider eligibility for heat 15 is being expanded. 3. Of the six trainee referees who started in 2017 only three are going in to year 2. There are six new trainees starting out in 2018.

I always thought Poole had their own rulebook:P

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Christina Turnbull had a set at the Poole fans meeting last night. Neil Vatcher mentioned a few snippets. 1. The second starting line has been withdrawn and riders must remain astride their machines whilst ‘gardening’.  2. Rider eligibility for heat 15 is being expanded. 3. Of the six trainee referees who started in 2017 only three are going in to year 2. There are six new trainees starting out in 2018.

Surely the first point, that riders must remain astride their machines whilst gardening, discriminates against those riders who are not tall enough to to be able to garden without getting off their bikes. Are short people an ethnic group? I'm glad now that we didn't sign Kenneth Bjerre. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Surely the first point, that riders must remain astride their machines whilst gardening, discriminates against those riders who are not tall enough to to be able to garden without getting off their bikes. Are short people an ethnic group? I'm glad now that we didn't sign Kenneth Bjerre. :lol:

As for your last sentence - there are quite a few fans of a similar opinion!!!:D

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You have posted the 2017 team!

• Haha 1

So with the season start less than 2 weeks away and Josh Bates out until at least the end of April with a target of the British Semi final I hear.

That means 10 meetings being missed which in my view is far too many to be covered by RR including very important KO cup meetings and with the new race night the club need to win some meetings to keep supporters coming.

Who would Lions fans like to come in to replace Josh ? To me the best options seems to be Lasse,Klindt or Starke 

2 hours ago, flagrag said:

So with the season start less than 2 weeks away and Josh Bates out until at least the end of April with a target of the British Semi final I hear.

That means 10 meetings being missed which in my view is far too many to be covered by RR including very important KO cup meetings and with the new race night the club need to win some meetings to keep supporters coming.

Who would Lions fans like to come in to replace Josh ? To me the best options seems to be Lasse,Klindt or Starke 

I would think it will be either Bjerre or Starke because of the Sheffield connection but my preference would have been Eric Riss but I understand he is fully committed already. Klindt would be ok though.

Which club "owns" Lasse Bjerre as an asset? Was it Ipswich he started with?

If they can agree a sensible fee, it could be worth Sheffield/Leicester buying him outright rather than keeping on paying out loan fees.

As for Bates, well he could well come back in at some stage but Lions need to be harvesting the league points early season, as there are plenty of opportunities, so a re-declaration with Bjerre included would make most sense as long as the terms and bureaucracy can be sorted out successfully. 

31 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Which club "owns" Lasse Bjerre as an asset? Was it Ipswich he started with?

If they can agree a sensible fee, it could be worth Sheffield/Leicester buying him outright rather than keeping on paying out loan fees.

As for Bates, well he could well come back in at some stage but Lions need to be harvesting the league points early season, as there are plenty of opportunities, so a re-declaration with Bjerre included would make most sense as long as the terms and bureaucracy can be sorted out successfully. 

He started out at King's Lynn but don't think he is an asset of theirs.I'm sure i remember him being an asset of Peterborough whether that still remains i don't know.

On 19/03/2018 at 1:59 PM, tellboy said:

He started out at King's Lynn but don't think he is an asset of theirs.I'm sure i remember him being an asset of Peterborough whether that still remains i don't know.

he was one or two meetings from automatically becoming a STARS asset then Peterborough signed him if I recall correctly