British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2018

Why didn't Sheffield just bring their top six to Leicester and add Vaculik 

Can see Leicester facing Wolves and Simon Stead brings out Daniel King to beat Kyle Howarth 

Then on the Thursday at Owlerton he brings out Kyle to beat King ..... This shows that one league was the way forward

Agree with TNT and TDM posts above but we are where we are as they say. Whilst I don't know Simon personally he came across as being a very honest person when taking part in post meeting interviews when he rode for us a couple of years ago. I just hope he has that ruthless (but preferably more subtle than Norrie) management streak when it is required to fire up riders. The familiarity of riders with management/owners should be to the clubs advantage, although this is Leicester and we are talking about speedway.

53 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Well at least he won't be managing both teams in a relegation/promotion play off!

True. Maybe our supposed pre-season challenge match could be against Sheffield though. That would be fun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

I don't know why people feel the need to moan about this. Working as a TM 2 or 3 evenings a week should be something he can cope with.

Of course it is.  It is the potential conflict of interests.  Managing Howarth for Sheffield, whilst the same rider will ride against Leicester. 

Whilst you're talking about team managers, what about the comments made by Jim Lynch in this weeks Speedway Star. 'Shocked at losing his position at Beaumont Park'. Well most team managers in any sport who finish bottom of the league are sacked, didn't he know that!

And what about... "I do also have to say that I don't think I was supposed to win that last match against Sheffield."  So the riders didn't do that then, talk about blowing your own trumpet! He then continues stirring up the controversy again with, " I do wonder if the plan was that Sheffield would come up to the top league and Leicester would stay on Saturdays - so maybe inadvertently I got in the way of that!"  No Jim if that was the plan I'm sure you would have been made aware of it seeing as you're a top manager and can so influence the outcome of meetings. What a total d1ck head!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Smithchops said:

bsolutely agreed, I can’t wait and looking forward to it - I’m all for this year

I think you lot will be pushing hard for a play off spot.And should get one.We all know ,its not won in March,but the Lions look like they mean business ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think you lot will be pushing hard for a play off spot.And should get one.We all know ,its not won in March,but the Lions look like they mean business ;)

Hope so, what a difference a close season makes - whats your view on your chances ? I think better, but limited strength & depth may cost you ?

31 minutes ago, Smithchops said:

Hope so, what a difference a close season makes - whats your view on your chances ? I think better, but limited strength & depth may cost you ?

Think NKI will just about do his 9.04.Lambo don't seen bothered,think he might drop or do a Holder,mid season ,or at best ave under 8 :).Ty ..who knows,but over 5.5 i'd be surprised.Anderson.who knows.One thingi s that Lynn will always have a good reserve.But you can say that for a lot of teams.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

What you omit to mention is that Lynch was also heavily involved in selecting or recommending this coming season's 1-7, before being chopped - all because Vaculik said he wanted Stead!!!

Read it again, Lynch was only involved on the phone with the people who were really building the team. In saying (about Hans Anderson) "absolutely brilliant, get him in.", doesn't exactly fit in with being 'heavily involved' with building the new team. With the riders they've got it didn't need Jim to give his opinion did it?

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Think NKI will just about do his 9.04.Lambo don't seen bothered,think he might drop or do a Holder,mid season ,or at best ave under 8 :).Ty ..who knows,but over 5.5 i'd be surprised.Anderson.who knows.One thingi s that Lynn will always have a good reserve.But you can say that for a lot of teams.

Good summary - I think you’ll struggle - I like Lambert, but a lot resting on very young shoulders and it depends on the roar in his heart after the content of the social media speculation about him been messed about !

Wonder if some of Lynche,s decisions during meetings which cost the Lions points was more of a factor than Vakulik wanting Stead? The tv meeting away at Somerset springs to mind.

Edited by bellevueace

On 1 February 2018 at 1:03 PM, Steve55 said:

Whilst you're talking about team managers, what about the comments made by Jim Lynch in this weeks Speedway Star. 'Shocked at losing his position at Beaumont Park'. Well most team managers in any sport who finish bottom of the league are sacked, didn't he know that!

And what about... "I do also have to say that I don't think I was supposed to win that last match against Sheffield."  So the riders didn't do that then, talk about blowing your own trumpet! He then continues stirring up the controversy again with, " I do wonder if the plan was that Sheffield would come up to the top league and Leicester would stay on Saturdays - so maybe inadvertently I got in the way of that!"  No Jim if that was the plan I'm sure you would have been made aware of it seeing as you're a top manager and can so influence the outcome of meetings. What a total d1ck head!!!!!!

He did seem a bit miffed.Cant really believe his play off comments though.