British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2018

Does seem a strange one especially as there is no stipulation of the standard of the 16 lapper? Could have been run at NL standard for much cheaper payouts an i suspect there would have been 16 amateurs that would have done it for free (or at least supplied tyre and a bit of prize money for the finalists)

Always thought that this wouldn't go ahead as it would be almost 4 weeks from the last meeting staged and people probably wouldn't go. You only need 12 riders for this meeting so an ideal time to bring some new riders in to have a look at them as there would be only 3 Ipswich riders available, Coty, Nico & Cam as I wouldn't think they would risk Drew in this meeting.

Disappointing but with the general apathy it is not surprising. However they could have filled the gaps in the calendar with NL riders for individual meetings or a local 3TT using NL riders representing KL, IP and Mildenhall or perhaps have a final meeting that was a mixed race night with speedway, short track and sidecars. I guess that the promotion simply cannot be bothered to make the effort and similarly, riders cannot be bothered to turn out. I still wonder why did they not enter a team in the NL trophy as did Cradley Heath given that they would have known at the back end of last year how few home meetings they would be running. Perhaps even CL has given up on it now. Whatever the real reason it demonstrates scant regard for the supporters. How many will bother buying season tickets next year?

• Like 2

Season ticket was £200 that was for 14 meetings. That's £14.29 a meeting. A saving of only 10%. So a refund should be for the £14.29... or actually £14.23 As £14.29 x 13 would leave £14.23 to round upto £200.

However an early bird got £10 discount ..meaning a meeting was £13.57. 

So what will the refund be.... if cash?