British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2018

4 minutes ago, hans fan said:

doubt panthers will be up for that ,a battering from our fiercest rivals wont look good

Yeah better from your point of view until the first set of averages allow you to manipulate changes again.... :P

2 minutes ago, hans fan said:

doubt panthers will be up for that ,a battering from our fiercest rivals wont look good

Will definitely be your lot or Lakeside. Haven’t really got a preference as I’m looking forward to facing both. 

Didnt get the result but really enjoyed the cup final. Huge crowd and great atmosphere makes a hell of a difference. Hopefully the same on Good Friday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Will definitely be your lot or Lakeside. Haven’t really got a preference as I’m looking forward to facing both. 

Didnt get the result but really enjoyed the cup final. Huge crowd and great atmosphere makes a hell of a difference. Hopefully the same on Good Friday. 

Would be fantastic to recreate even half the atmosphere of those final nights

To kickstart the new season that way could really set the tone for a great year

On 29 December 2017 at 10:11 PM, Tom Thumb said:

Spoke to Chris when sorting out season ticket, he was hopeful of a Good Friday Double header,   Of course that may have changed already.

Pretty sure Jon Cook mentioned a Good Friday double header with Ipswich in a recent radio interview, so looks like a Hammers v Witches match-up.

Must admit I thought that announcement was made back in September

Good luck Morten - enjoy the next stage of life :cheers:

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

When morten first come over to England..he really did look like he could make it big...Unfortunately that didn't work out.  Good luck to morten in his future.

Very true! Like many others injuries take there toll on the body and mind and stall the upward trajectory! Fortunately for Morten he retires in good health having said he’s had great fun over the last 15 years! Becoming a father changes perspective and wish him all the luck in the future! I’m sure we’ll see him around Foxhall from time to time over the years, he is part of the family now after all!!

with a couple less fixtures this season a farewell meeting at the end of the year may be nice...? No mentions of it though

Edited by 89buttons

Anyone know if the track work is still going ahead? Pretty sure I read somewhere at the end of the season that they were going to bring in the kerbs on bends 3 and 4 this winter but heard nothing since. 

Bob can you tell us anything on this?

Edit: Found it, it was actually bends 2 and 4

Louis hopes to do more track work in the winter, rounding off bends two and four to make it a more rounded circuit. Certainly the racing this year has been good, with riders starting to make the most of more space on the Foxhall track.

“I just want to entertain the fans – and of course win,” Louis added.

“I want to make Foxhall the best it can be, some of the racing on Saturday night, for instance, was really good.”

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/speedway/ipswich-witches-for-the-premiership-in-2018-louis-won-t-rule-it-out-what-do-you-think-vote-here-1-5221673

Edited by Arch Stanton

18 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So are will still claiming Rohan as a Witch???

Congratulations to the new Australian Champion :t:

CL is right in to his Twitter these days and is usually the first to “Like” retweet or comment when a club asset achieves something especially something as big as a national Championship. He’s done it with King, Paco, Gino etc etc.

But yesterday when Rohan tweeted his delight at his victory, nothing from Chris whatsoever. Think that’s pretty telling!

Ritchie one of the first to offer his congratulations though.