British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2018

No spot for Connor Mountain?

Think theres more improvement and confidence in Hume and Jenkins, however Connor has shown steady progress in the second half of the season, lots of potential, if hes not in the witches frame would fancy him for Peterborough, hes looked good around there as a visiting rider

Connors away average was higher than his Foxhall figure.

A home track where he feels more comfortable like Boro or Sheff could boost his confidence and help him kick on.

Another Id be happy to have in our 1-7 but like Nathan probably better combinations without him.

As much as I think Connor has been brilliant after a early season wobble I do feel he won't be back next season , a shame really but it's all a numbers game .

Hume and Jenkins do offer alot more potential IMO with Kemp waiting in the wings for the following season .I think Kemp could very well be better than Jenkins in the long run but how many times do young starlets appear only to not fulfil their potential.

Think Connor would do a good job at the showground MASSIF recommendation for the Panthers if they could get him there .

• Like 1

I'm a little disappointed that they set the points limit so high, was hoping for 38

In some ways I'm glad its high as that should mean stronger teams.

It's probably been set so high so clubs can have 5/6 riders doubling up, this will save on costs as riders will ride for less if they're contracted to a 1st division club as well as a 2nd division club. Looking at the proposed strength of our team, surely our top five would be wanted in the 1st division.

Very little difference these days between the two divisions. A top flight team would still beat a second tier team of course before anyone pipes up with that, but the difference is marginal compared to years gone by.

My preference has always been a return to the top flight since the day we dropped down, but these days Im not so sure.

You could argue that the Championship is currently a more attractive League with more variety and numbers.

That lineup would mean Kyle at no.2 which is a strong rider in that position, also likely to be with nicholls most of the season whos a better team rider than Danny, whereas riding at 5 Dannys primary focus is beating opposite number and hoping reserve beats reserve rather than team riding a no.2 home.

Should mean more 5-1s from 1-2 and still plenty of 4-2 from 5-7, cam and nico powerful 3-4 pairing, if cam maintains this seasons level and increases his away consistency could easily put another point on!

Both danyon and Jordan would make a mockery of their starting averages, much like this year only thing holding it back would be injuries!!

• Like 1

Okay okay okay...did anyone not watch nicholls in every heat one at foxhall??? He will not be number one all season..he can't gate for 💩..and because of that Danny would be back to number 1 pretty soon. I'm not saying that's a bad thing...but as witnessed with our own eyes he won't find it as easy as some of you think he might.

Having said all that..I do believe that team would challenge for honours if kept injury free. Any injury to one of the reserves would be very hard to cover whilst averaging 2 .