British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2018

That's defo not happening . Scott won't be in any championship team.

I'm not so sure about this. The relevant rule seems to come from the 2016 regs.:

18.6.4 If a rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, which must not exceed 6.00, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4

However, the '6 point ' rule was removed from the 2017 regs:

18.6.4 If a rider has only a previously established EL MA; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4.

Didn't this all come to a head when Craig Cook signed for Peterborough in 2016. Also, Lewis Bridger wouldn't have been permitted to sign for Berwick this year and he's never had an average from the second tier of racing. Therefore, has it been re-introduced at this year's AGM?

I'm not so sure about this. The relevant rule seems to come from the 2016 regs.:

18.6.4 If a rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, which must not exceed 6.00, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4

18.6.4 If a rider has only a previously established EL MA; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4.

Didn't this all come to a head when Craig Cook signed for Peterborough in 2016. Also, Lewis Bridger wouldn't have been permitted to sign for Berwick this year and he's never had an average from the second tier of racing. Therefore, has it been re-introduced at this year's AGM?

Answered you own question with the last sentence....

I wondered how Harris was allowed to ride for Peterborough with the "must not exceed 6" in the old EL even though a lot of the better riders had reduced averages because of the old race format.

I asked the question to which you appear to know the answer. So where did the info. come from?

Blimey - when do the thumb screws get applied? 😜