British Speedway Forum

Berwickbandits2018

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

They will win the prize for worst team in the league aswell this year.. 

To be fair, the team ended up OK, I will admit that the original line up was not competitive, although  we had a lot of injuries, the consequence  was the team improved at the end of season.  Bridger has a talent, his history should have warned any promoter to steer clear, Vissing just not a team man, Berge again a talent lost if you cannot mamage his talent. 

which way i see the berwick team is that they have a team with most the riders around the same average so the balance of the team is going to be the same whoever moves in or out the reserve berth

now yes theres no big heat leaders but they have decent riders for there averages

how many times does a team turn up at an away track and a 2nd string puch abover there weight and give the away team a big boost

if you look at it that way berwick might just shock a few teams who underestimate them i just hope if they do give a few teams a nice wee surprise its the smug ones who have the backing to go out and  have first pick of riders

Berwick for good or bad have gone with most of last years, the difference between then and now is that last season we had an out and out No1 in Nick Morris who was capable of winning the crucial late races in tight meetings. The Berwick promotion must be hoping that some of the riders for the 2018 season can up their averages. One area where Berwick should gain from is always having two strong reserves.

49 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

which way i see the berwick team is that they have a team with most the riders around the same average so the balance of the team is going to be the same whoever moves in or out the reserve berth

now yes theres no big heat leaders but they have decent riders for there averages

how many times does a team turn up at an away track and a 2nd string puch abover there weight and give the away team a big boost

if you look at it that way berwick might just shock a few teams who underestimate them i just hope if they do give a few teams a nice wee surprise its the smug ones who have the backing to go out and  have first pick of riders

And this is where Berwick just cannot compete with other clubs in the league, who have far bigger financial resources. This forces Berwick to settle for more balanced team line-ups.

2 hours ago, topsoil said:

And this is where Berwick just cannot compete with other clubs in the league, who have far bigger financial resources. This forces Berwick to settle for more balanced team line-ups.

didnt Nick Morris ride for Berwick last season ?

• Like 1