British Speedway Forum

Berwickbandits2018

Well as nice as Summers is and yes he was in the crowd a bit at Berwick on a Saturday night I am not overly inspired by this signing.'Shielfield Park is a track Summers has at times been untouchable on' mmm also been a track that he has been a serious hit and a miss on....... I hope I'm wrong however we need some strength in the team and some strong heat leaders.

• Like 1

Well as nice as Summers is and yes he was in the crowd a bit at Berwick on a Saturday night I am not overly inspired by this signing.'Shielfield Park is a track Summers has at times been untouchable on' mmm also been a track that he has been a serious hit and a miss on....... I hope I'm wrong however we need some strength in the team and some strong heat leaders.

There are not many about

Kus has gone downhill imo, nice lad, but suffers too many bike failures, I was at an German international meeting this season and Kus scored 1 or 2 points and didnt make it out of the group stages, he was getting beat off riders Ive never heard of, 1 that I remember was facundo albin, Jonas B Andersen got to the finals against bjarne pedersen and Antonio Lindback, and missed out, was fast all night, could he be worth a shot on 6.48 and bring in his brother Mikkel?

Kus has gone downhill imo, nice lad, but suffers too many bike failures, I was at an German international meeting this season and Kus scored 1 or 2 points and didnt make it out of the group stages, he was getting beat off riders Ive never heard of, 1 that I remember was facundo albin, Jonas B Andersen got to the finals against bjarne pedersen and Antonio Lindback, and missed out, was fast all night, could he be worth a shot on 6.48 and bring in his brother Mikkel?

Did he not have a major injury at the beginning of last season, spent most of season out, came back a little too early. To be fair I spoke to someone in Czech Fed last week, he said not really anything coming through at the moment, but a few coming through the ranks

Did he not have a major injury at the beginning of last season, spent most of season out, came back a little too early. To be fair I spoke to someone in Czech Fed last week, he said not really anything coming through at the moment, but a few coming through the ranks

Im not sure on his injuries, if he signed i reckon he could hold his own once he settles in, if he was on a 6 point average Id probably have him, but Im sure he is over 7 and thats too much of a risk imo as he would be a heat leader, dont think he is ready for that yet, would be good to see him back in UK though

So with a shortage of genuine Number 1's for different reasons, looks like a lot of teams will be going down the strength in depth road. This actually worked for us in 2014 when we reached the playoffs so here goes for 2018.

1, A Summers 2, E Perks 3, K Newman 4, D Howe, 5, K Doolan 6, J Etheridge 7, N Greaves. 41-27

So with a shortage of genuine Number 1's for different reasons, looks like a lot of teams will be going down the strength in depth road. This actually worked for us in 2014 when we reached the playoffs so here goes for 2018.

1, A Summers 2, E Perks 3, K Newman 4, D Howe, 5, K Doolan 6, J Etheridge 7, N Greaves. 41-27

Still be 11th Norm

You should be on the promotion, another team you've came up with that would be bottom again.