British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2018

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

I can understand SS assuming this is dastardly plan by Mark Lemon to the play offs from Ford's grasp. As a Poole supporter his first reaction is always to assume that other teams operate as his does. Perfectly understandable when you live in a blue tinted world.

The reality is that up to the end of this month we can bring in a guest for Riss with a PL average of 4.48 or CL average of 5.82. and those figures are likely to be lower from 1st October because his scores have suffered since his injury. Just have a look and see the riders that would qualify. I can't see anyone likely to score significantly more than Riss. They might score a few more or a few less, they are those type of riders and I certainly don't see any guaranteed match winners.

All any of us know is what is said in the Ipswich press release. We do know he is carrying an injury and that his form has suffered and why would he say what he has said if he has been sacked by both clubs. As I have said above, it's not as if there are guests who will obviously do better.

Josh Pickering, CL 5.41, definitely worth a punt!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Who is going to score paid 6 in the away meeting at KL? Is anyone available who has managed anything like that this season? 

There is a rider available at the moment who scored 5+1 and 9+1 and won both of his reserve races at Lynn this season.He's available at the moment but unsure of the averages for when October gets here.

Edited by tellboy

8 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I can understand SS assuming this is dastardly plan by Mark Lemon to the play offs from Ford's grasp. As a Poole supporter his first reaction is always to assume that other teams operate as his does. Perfectly understandable when you live in a blue tinted world.

The reality is that up to the end of this month we can bring in a guest for Riss with a PL average of 4.48 or CL average of 5.82. and those figures are likely to be lower from 1st October because his scores have suffered since his injury. Just have a look and see the riders that would qualify. I can't see anyone likely to score significantly more than Riss. They might score a few more or a few less, they are those type of riders and I certainly don't see any guaranteed match winners.

All any of us know is what is said in the Ipswich press release. We do know he is carrying an injury and that his form has suffered and why would he say what he has said if he has been sacked by both clubs. As I have said above, it's not as if there are guests who will obviously do better.

I think i would score more than Riss with the form he is in at the moment:P(only kidding)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well he couldn't leave one without the other.. Don't know the reason and probably never will..

He only had one more meeting for Ipswich at home to Berwick, so not missing a lot for them - I thinks it's all so that BV can strengthen.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

There is a rider available at the moment who scored 5+1 and 9+1 and won both of his reserve races at Lynn this season.He's available at the moment but unsure of the averages for when October gets here.

That was Robson in the double header. He got  5 from 6 rides and 9 from 7 rides. Robson is one of my favourite riders, always gives 100% but not now a rider you could rely on to repeat those scores. Even so, considering the likely options, he might be worth considering and taking a chance on if the averages still fit.

36 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

now is the time for Lemo to cast his Aussie mind adrift and get  Josh Auty in he will score well at N N S and Kings Lynn 

FFS read above. Average to high. Otherwise yes. He would have been 1st choice. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Who is going to score paid 6 in the away meeting at KL? Is anyone available who has managed anything like that this season? 

There would be a certain irony if etheridge came back as a guest though, if only for the sake of the Berwick stevebrum (copyright bagpuss) who has popped up in the style of the horror track stalker just to troll Aces threads recently, lol!

The fact is the three crashes on that horrific night at the horror track (multiple crashes, two riders forced to withdraw and now two riders with season ending injuries and the pillocks cheer and laugh at the crashes!!) only added to our injury woes. Once Bewley was injured our chances more or less evaporated but a fit Riss gave us a slim chance of making a fist of it, hence giving him the opportunity to ride through the injuries. 

The heavy defeat in the 1st leg of the KO Cup just confirmed what everyone knew after the carnage at the horror track and we move on.

The Cradley fan ranting  crap again 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Best option as a guest has to be Zach Wajtknecht

Zach has not impressed in recent appearances at either the NSS or at King's Lynn but he has the ability to do better and I would certainly consider him as a possible.

I'd say on current averages the selection would be between Zach, Pickering, Etheridge, Starke, Jonas Andersen, Todd Kurtz and Robson. At home we are restricted by not being able to use the same guest within 8 days.

Hardly a selection to give credence to the conspiracy theorists.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Belle Vue should not be allowed a replacement. No changes after 15th August. Rules are clear. Riss is not injured. 6 riders only should be the MC ruling.

They are not seeking a replacement but are entitled to a guest facility for a rider withholding his services. What's so difficult to understand? 

• Like 1

Withholding his services my arse. 

Belle Vue are cheating to strengthen after the 15th August. Simple as that.

If a rider withholds his services after 15th August its r/r for top 5 and if a reserve they should have to go with 6. 

Simple as that.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

What do the rules say about when a rider absences himself and tells his employers he will not be turning up for work?

16.5 FACILITIES

16.5.1 A Team may utilise a "Facility" to cover the absence of a Rider(s) who: 

j) is in dispute with his Club, provided that the circumstances have been accepted by the MC, who will determine the Facility and period of the rider’s inactivity

The evidence that he is effectively withholding his services comes from his communication with Ipswich. I am not aware of a facility being refused in such circumstances. Precedent therefore dictates that a facility should and will be granted for both Ipswich and Belle Vue.