British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2018

I understand that it may seen a good idea to replace Worrall but in the long term that could be a big mistake.

A 28 day replacement is pointless as he's going to be out longer than that. Bring in a full time replacement would make it almost impossible to bring him back in to the team later on with his reasonably high average.

Right now, Belle Vue will be fine winning just home meetings with R/R or guests and picking up the odd point away.

56 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Just saying Auty two meetings 14+1 and 13+1 not bad flys round N SS

He's never scores that at the NSS. If u wanna look at someone from Scunthorpe then look no further than local lad Jason garrity who has dropped 1 point from 11 races. 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

He's never scores that at the NSS. If u wanna look at someone from Scunthorpe then look no further than local lad Jason garrity who has dropped 1 point from 11 races. 

Was great in the riders final you seem to conveniently forget that one,against all the best the league as.He must not have any Aussie connections Lemo seems to ignore him for some r5eason known only to him 

5 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Always liked Auty and when I first saw him race (getting on for 15 years ago?) I thought he would be a future world cup international and maybe even a GP rider. I can't say that I thought the same about Cook or Doyle when I first saw them ride. 

I think Auty has more natural ability than both put together but he seems to be so far behind Cook in terms of professionalism and attitude it is embarrassing and obviously Doyle is on a different planet. 

I just get the impression that some riders work hard and their youthful enthusiasm sees them reach a level where they think speedway owes them a living+. When the money doesn't flood in they, for whatever reason, fall away and instead of pushing on and trying to get a ride in Poland or Sweden they become the archetypal British speedway journeyman.

Who knows, Auty might still step up but as each year passes it looks more and more likely that he has found his level.

Auty more natural ability than Doyle?! 

Lol!

• Like 1

Any news on Drozdz ? Will we see him in Aces colours again this year ?

Possibly  the injury to Stevie W changes the entire make up of the side ?

if we choose to sign permanent replacement for SW and DD doesn’t return that gives the Aces nearly 12points to play with doesn’t it ? 

3 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Any news on Drozdz ? Will we see him in Aces colours again this year ?

Possibly  the injury to Stevie W changes the entire make up of the side ?

if we choose to sign permanent replacement for SW and DD doesn’t return that gives the Aces nearly 12points to play with doesn’t it ? 

Did he not ride in Poland on Sunday? 

I think there is a suspicion, which may be totally unfounded, that his Polish club may decide that the opportunities for him to develop as a rider in the UK are outweighed by the risk of injury. Similar thoughts have been expressed about the risk of further injuries to Vaculik. Time will tell if they have any truth.

• Like 1

Drozdz will be back. But he can come.back till the 28 day replacement is over which is Wednesday. So Monday will be starke last match and then the return of the pole

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Drozdz will be back. But he can come.back till the 28 day replacement is over which is Wednesday. So Monday will be starke last match and then the return of the pole

Thanks for the info Phil, regarding Stevie, if he can't come back this season who on earth could fill his boots on a 6.77 average.

10 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Thanks for the info Phil, regarding Stevie, if he can't come back this season who on earth could fill his boots on a 6.77 average.

There's no1 really which would probably mean a total rebuild is the only way to go 

On 16/04/2018 at 3:47 PM, foreverblue said:

More than Cook and Doyle put together apparently!!

I get the point he’s making. Auty has always looked a natural bike handler and a racer who can pass from the back - a poor man’s Darcy Ward - while Cook looks as stiff as James Wright and depends on his gating, and Doyle in his early years was an accident waiting to happen (which it frequently did).

Starke for Drodz has made BV stronger for sure and they should be looking to keep him on full time. 

No point having a total shuffle with this one over 8 buisness, I think Hougaard for Worrall would be an adequate replacement. Lets not get carried away, Steve Worrall is no world beater!

once dialled in around BV Hougaard would be just as good if not better IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hougaard had some good performances at the NSS in 2016 but was not impressive on his visits last year and is certainly not an adequate replacement for Worrall. Steve has stepped up a gear this year but even last year Hougaard's average of 6.09 against Steve 6.77 shows the disparity between them.

I think the jury is still out on the Drozdz, Starke comparison. Far too early to make a realistic assessment of Drozdz but he scored 5 on his home debut and looks to have potential. Starke did well at Poole, a former home track, scoring 8 but was poor at the NSS, scoring only 3. He has the advantage of knowing the UK tracks but doesn't show signs to me of a rider about to improve his current average. At the moment I wouldn't put one above the other but would prefer to see Drozdz given the chance to show how good he is.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1